Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wirelss broadband

• 08-09-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I am moving into a new flat in the coming week and I have decided not to opt for getting a line installed with eircom. I do not need anything other than an internet service (broadband if possible) so I would like to go for wireless. Does anyone have any advice on what provider is the best in terms of speed of connection, customer service and price? Any advice will be of great benefit! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

assuming you're talking about the old "internet on a stick" malarky with the likes of o2 or vodafone, that sort of thing is in the Midband Forum cos we don't technically think of it as broadband as it's not quick enough.

everything depends on where you are going to live (not everything is available everywhere), what you want to use it for and how much you want to pay.

i'd imagine a mod will be along to move this thread to the midband forum before too long, so i guess i'll see you over there. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Clearwire is very hit and miss.

If you're in a location that gets a good signal from their antenna then you're laughing.

They're quite good about contract cancellations as they know that it just will not work properly for some people.

If you do go with them, find out where the nearest antenna is and contact their support line to make sure your modem is assigned to it as sometimes they get stuck trying to receive from an antenna miles away.

Advertisement