Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beretta 686e

Options
  • 08-09-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

purchased a new one of these with a black action, the safety does,nt automatically come on after you fired it and put new shells in, does anyone now if this can be changed without major surgery. my bro bought a browning and same situation but was told that the gun cant be changed, i know some people prefare it that way i just find it safer to have the safety come on automatically,

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I know when a shotgun comes with an auto safety its not a big deal to remove the auto safety pin. When you remove the butt stock you will see a small rod with a hook on the end [about 1 1/2 "long] which connects to the safety. Remove that . Then make sure that the safety works properly. As far as doing this in reverse i'm not 100%. As i said when they come with the auto safety you can remove the safety pin but when the shotgun doesn't come with the auto safety is there the necessary connections to "re-attach" the pin? Check the internet under Beretta or other Gunsmithing stores and see if you can find an exploded view of both the Auto safety and non auto safety mechanisms. Besides if you're not 100% on the mechanics of the gun just bring it to a gunsmith or even a well versed dealer and he should be able to tell you if its possible and if so be done in about 15 - 25 minutes.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

oh would'nt be touching it myself would get a gun smith to do it,,, went to a dealer with my bro's browning he took out the action and was showed me the pins for the safety and they act as a hinge/mount if he took them out the safety would colapse. but then i read that it can be done in a english magazine costs £80, so just trying to get info on it, not sure if the dealer is talking sh*t or not,
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

ronn wrote: »
    purchased a new one of these with a black action, the safety does,nt automatically come on after you fired it and put new shells in, does anyone now if this can be changed without major surgery. my bro bought a browning and same situation but was told that the gun cant be changed, i know some people prefare it that way i just find it safer to have the safety come on automatically,

This is a very common thing with beretta's
    all you need to do is contact the dealer you got it from and they can arrange a auto safety to be fitted.
    It costs about €100 to do the job with the kit from beretta.
    Ardee sports have done this for me in the past.

Advertisement