Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Job Spot

Options
  • 08-09-2009 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

I posted a similar thread on the South Co. Dublin forum, so thought I may aswell add one here..

Given all the people out there looking for jobs, how about we post details of any local jobs we see advertised that may not be online or in the local papers. So if you see or hear of any local businesses looking for staff post whatever details you can here. Might be helpful to someone looking for a some part time work or college funds etc.

Haven't been in the Wee County much recently, so I'm afraid I have nothing to add at the moment. :o

Worth a shot anyway..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

one of the clothes shops in scotch hall are looking for staff, im sorry but i cant remember which shop it is, they have a sign in the window so take a look around! ill update when i see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Pretty sure that O'Gormans (Centra) on Castle St, Ardee are looking for workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    one of the clothes shops in scotch hall are looking for staff, im sorry but i cant remember which shop it is, they have a sign in the window so take a look around! ill update when i see it again.

i think its NONAME across from dunnes :)

i think its NONAME across from dunnes :)

thanks!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Londis in Sandpit looking for workers according to a sign outside it, even though it closed last week. Possibly re-opening by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 irishwarrior

Harry Corry's in industrial estate next to argos looking for part time staff...good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Brubakers are looking for staff ATM as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Kingfisher on park street dundalk are looking for take away staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Peter Marks in Dundalk Shopping Centre looking for a stylist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

Kingfishers looking for waitresses

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Great stuff. Nice to see some goodwill and JOBS out there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i have a job on a dairy farm for an experienced herdsperson pm me if you want details - must be EXPERIENCED and have good english

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Harvey Norman looking for a Sales person in their furniture section

whelan1 wrote: »
    i have a job on a dairy farm for an experienced herdsperson pm me if you want details - must be EXPERIENCED and have good english

I always wondered how one becomes experienced in such a task. Where does one start?

sounds like a good hard working job, and I like them hard working jobs just a pity I'm an inexperienced herdsperson.

Harvey Norman looking for a Sales person in their furniture section

aye, put my c.v in the other day with the hope I'll hear back from them. I better shut up now, dont wanna clog up the thread with my unneccesary comments.

mouthshut.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Scotch Hall Jobs

Require Qualified Stylist
    Only the best work at Peter Mark, which is why we're so successful. If you are talented and enjoy being creative, you couldn't work for a better company. We can offer you an unrivalled client base, flexible working arrangements and an excellent salary.

For further information on this exciting position please apply below.

Niamh Byrne, Peter Mark Human Resources Department, 13 South William Street, Dublin 2 or why not call into Paula McNab our Scotchall Salon Manager.

Telephone: 01-4722400 or email: nbyrne@petermark.ie

Positions available in 3G
    Full time & part time positions are available in 3G's Scotch Hall store. Please apply in-store with CV.

aye, put my c.v in the other day with the hope I'll hear back from them. I better shut up now, dont wanna clog up the thread with my unneccesary comments.

Put a cv in there a while ago, never heard anything back.

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Put a cv in there a while ago, never heard anything back.

Seems to be the way at the moment. Surely a generic, 'sorry we've no positions available at the moment' email wouldn't be too much to ask even??? You get the feeling that they sometimes go straight into the bin don't you.

Loving the pogues quote WhiskeyD, quite an obscure one too....

fh041205 wrote: »
    Seems to be the way at the moment. Surely a generic, 'sorry we've no positions available at the moment' email wouldn't be too much to ask even??? You get the feeling that they sometimes go straight into the bin don't you.

Loving the pogues quote WhiskeyD, quite an obscure one too....

Had an interview with the sky desk in scoth hall too, never heard a word back.

Im not sure if they are still looking, but put a CV in anyway.

<info@ncmgroup.ie>,

thats thier email, they only accept CV's through it.

• Advertisement

You get the feeling that they sometimes go straight into the bin don't you.

Years ago I use to work in tescos dundalk and actually saw the woman at customer service desk after receiving a C.V from someone just throwing it in the bin.

Also most people have already given the job to someone before advertising, because the law requires them to advertise the job and interview people.... so they just do it, but there is no point in people applying, they are wasting their time because they aint ever gonna get it.

Jaffa xpress on Dyer street looking for staff according to a sheet of paper on their window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Years ago I use to work in tescos dundalk and actually saw the woman at customer service desk after receiving a C.V from someone just throwing it in the bin.
    Same thing happened regularly in a place I use to worked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Well the law states that if a position is advertised either instore, online or in print then every CV has to be taken in for consideration during the period of advertisement.

However...
    If there is no positions advertised and a CV arrives either through the post or cold calling...these CVs are technically "unsolicited mail" and as such can be thrown straight in the bin.

I tend to keep CVs for if and when I need them, cos you never know when somebody might leave or have to get fired...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

hi all so im returning to dundalk soon enough as a mature student in the college, just wondering is there anything on the jobs front going up there? thanks in advance all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Hi All,
    Dunno if anybody interested but I know of a shop in Carrickmacross (15 mins from Dundalk) looking for a shop manager and a part time sales person.
    Its a new homewares store opening in Carrickmacross hopefully within the next month or so.
    Retail experience essential, management experience essential for the management role.
    PM me if interested and I will pass on relevant details to my other half as it's his business.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 freeworld777

This thread is an excellent idea..

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

i still check for jobs now even though i dont need one, after 6 months it becomes quite a habbit!

3-4 jobs going in Jackie Skellys adn then they need promo staff as well which coul dbe useful for students, handy way to pay your way through college

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

ahh feck only seen that ad now.
    whats jackie shellys, and those jobs are hardly still going do u know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

have a look here, http://www.jobs.ie/louth_jobs.aspx

also on fas there's sales assistant job going in centra and jackie skellys are still looking for promo staff, theyre a gym, horrible company to be honest but could be a handy few bucks and bit of craic

Advertisement