Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone & car kit question

• 08-09-2009 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

My father's phone, currently a nokia 6610, and car kit (in his truck) are in need of an upgrade as the phone is giving trouble for the last while.

As regards the phone simple is the key here. He does calls and the occasional voice mail but that's it (major technophobe!). I was thinking maybe the Nokia 2323?

However the kit is an issue. He currently has the fully installed kit with the cradle for the phone but, from what I can see, there are no such animals available now. All kits are gone bluetooth?

This presents a problem. He delivers oil and as such some of his work is around the truck itself dealing with hoses and the meter etc. However a bluetooth kit and phone will establish a connection within a certain radius (have often found calls going through the car kit when standing a bit away from the car myself). As a result there will be occasions when his phone will ring and the call be routed through the bluetooth when he is outside and may not even hear it due to the engine/pump etc. Add to that the fact that it is a business phone where it's vital he is able to receive these calls and you have an idea where I'm coming from. Suggestions of him turning off the bluetooth when he's getting out to make a delivery are not really going to work - I know him too well - he'll forget to disconnect it or reconnect it and end up missing calls or trying to receive calls via the handset while driving as the "f&^king kit is not working" :rolleyes:

This is where the current kit is perfect for his needs. The phone is only connected to the kit when physically placed in the cradle.

I'm wondering if there's a solution - a kit with a configurable range/a hard-wired connection (kit only operates when phone actually connected)?

Comments

Advertisement