Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shockers Film Festival

Options
  • 08-09-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Some friends of mine are holding a horror film fest in the Kino in Cork on the 8th to 11th of October.

If you like Horrors it looks class, there are some very good films in there.

http://shockers.ie/Welcome.html

That's the website check it out, and ye should definitely go!!! I'll be there anyway, probably with brown trousers:D

Thanks,
    Mini.

I can't believe I wasted my 3000th post on this crap!!! DAMN :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I heard about this a while ago & there are definitely some films I'll be going to see. looking forward to The House of the Devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Yeah, I will be heading to all of them I'd say, not sure yet though. Definitely going to Tokyo Gore Police:D I was promised boobs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I was thinking about a season ticket for it too, I think I'm off shift from work for those days as well. :D

Boobs & gore, that has the makings of a classic film :p

Too bad I didn't remember this earlier I would have bumped it during the week.

This Festival starts tonight people if anyone wants to go!!!

http://shockers.ie/Day_1__The_Opening.html

You may as well, what else are you doing on a Thursday night:P

BUMP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

What time do these films start? Defo going to the gore police, might go tmrw aswell! What's the price of the kino?

edit: I really should have a look at the site before I ask questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Might go along tomorrow, it looks good.

I went tonight free tix of my buddy because it's his cousins BF running it, so he had to buy tix and brought me.

The first one was quite good, not very gory but an inexpensive film with a very good story.

The second one I didn't even understand, although it was weirdly good it was just not my particular taste.

I might go tomorrow night and DEFINITELY going Sunday for Gore Police, although I will go to see both.

If ye go to any of the films write here and tell me so I can brag about getting people to go.

(No I am not making money off this it's a friend running it so I decided to help, although if I get enough people to go maybe I can get a free pint of them:P Although the man in charge is Dutch, we all know how they are!!:D)

I'm going to Penance tonight, should be good.

I wanted to go tonight, but I am stuck minding my sister:(

Enjoy it Damien!!!

Everyone else, get yer asses there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

Went to 'Grace' tonight was actually quite good, thought it would be way worse, even had the writer and director of the movie after doing the intro, never seen that before

• Advertisement

subedei wrote: »
    Went to 'Grace' tonight was actually quite good, thought it would be way worse, even had the writer and director of the movie after doing the intro, never seen that before

Yep, they had that for one of the other films the first night also.

The guy and girl running it are actually so sound and seem to have done a good job of it. I will probably head tomorrow night to one of the films.

I hope ye head to more because next time I see the organisers I'm definitely gonna try to get a free pint outta them for getting people to go:P

I went to see Tokyo Gore Police tonight, it was hilarious in parts but very drawn out.

And Ladies and Gentlemen, that brings it to a close, the people running it saw this thread, they said it to me tonight!!!! How many here went to see a film????

I went to one anyway, wanted to go last night but it was my friend's birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

I only made it to one as well, was too busy to go to any others

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I would have gone but it conflicted with my goal of being a lazy shut in....or I completely forgot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Wasn't in Cork this weekend, so didn't get to see any of them.

Advertisement