Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statistics

• 08-09-2009 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I am looking for a little bit of help with statistics for my thesis - nothing major just some help with data I have. Anyone out there who could help it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

have you contacted the CSO ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

The CSO help people with thesis statistics? Couldn't see anything on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Hey gafferino,

What do you need? If it's private you're welcome to send me a PM outlining the project and ask me specific questions on the best way to investigate and how interpret the analysis etc. No guarantees that I'll provide you with ground-breaking insights, but there's no harm in asking :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Hi Time Magazine

I sent you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Scouting

Time Magazine,

Apologies for latching on like this (so feel free to say no), but if you wouldn't mind doling out some more advice to a confused young 'un I'd be happy to take it!

I've got a dataset from my final-year psychology undergraduate thesis that I'm trying to re-analyse for a tighter, publishable paper. I've been looking at it so long that I've completely confused myself though (hence why I'm staring at my computer at 3am) - I'd like to make sure that the tests I'm thinking of are (a) valid and (b) the best way to go about it. Would you mind?

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

If it's not confidential data feel free to throw up a thread here. If it's just the tests you need, you don't even need to put data up.

If it is confidential, send me a PM. But I'm mad busy for the next couple of weeks so I probably won't get to have much of a look at it.

Gafferino, if you sent a PM I didn't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Scouting

Time Magazine - I've sent you a PM. If you can offer any advice, or recommend someone to pass the queries on to, it would be a big help in setting my mind at ease and showing the most appropriate way to go.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭epictetus2009

are u needing spss stat info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Post it up and let all readers benefit from the solution!

Advertisement