Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is milk bad for cats

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

After losing my beloved cat a few years back to kidney failure i was informed by the vet that under no circumstanced should a cat be given milk on a daily basis........this apparently was a contributing factor to poor aul sootys kidney failure. Cats are NOT meant to consume cows milk. The vet said to me every now and again as a treat is fine but it may give them the runs and even though they lap it up it may make them feel a bit sick after..............most cats actually have a lactose intolerance. My little fella i have now gets fresh water daily (he even enjoys drinking from any kind of tap!) and every now and again i treat him to the whiskas catmilk or at xmas he may get a spoonful of cream!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

My cats used to get really bad diarrohea if they drank any milk even though they love it!

However a few weeks ago I started buying the Avanmore Lactose Free milk as my partner was having awful trouble with his digestive system. Worked for him and also worked for the cats! They love it and it has none of the unplesent side effects :)

Its only given as a treat though as much as they would like it everyday :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 HitmanSB07

sillymoo wrote: »
    My cats used to get really bad diarrohea if they drank any milk even though they love it!

However a few weeks ago I started buying the Avanmore Lactose Free milk as my partner was having awful trouble with his digestive system. Worked for him and also worked for the cats! They love it and it has none of the unplesent side effects :)

Its only given as a treat though as much as they would like it everyday :o
    i also give my cat cheeto avonmore lactose free milk i find it brill they were suffering with diarrohea too

Advertisement