Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who`s all Hitting to Dublin for the U21 Hurling final?

• 09-09-2009 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

... me for sure!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'll be there, there'll be a big Clare crowd at it I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

On the train. Cant go wrong with the €30 fare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bannerbhoy

finbarrk wrote: »
    On the train. Cant go wrong with the €30 fare.
    Good Value and no worry about parking etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I'm in the pale already so will deff be headin to Croker for the game
    See you all in Quinns :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

No not going to Clare match but will be in Dublin attending the Helix where John Edwards the psychic will be. Should be interesting!!

I will ask him what the outcome of the match will be!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    I'm in the pale already so will deff be headin to Croker for the game
    See you all in Quinns :D

I'll be the fella in the Clare jersey with no interest in the camoige :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Won't go unfortunately, wasn't at a game all year - they are doing fine without me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Just got tickets there on ticketmaster block 307 Low Cusack, right in the middle
    heads up for anyone looking good seats

memo to self: bring Cat skinning boots and my drinkin jumper :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bantee

I'll be there too. Dumpin the car at the Red Cow and getting the Luas into O'Connell.
    C'mon the banner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Will have to tune into it on the continent :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Clare's hopes of landing their first Bord Gais Energy All-Ireland under 21 hurling title at Croke Park on Sunday have received a double boost with the news that Darach Honan and Cathal Chaplin are expected to be fit.

The scoring hero of the Banner County's semi-final victory over Galway, Honan suffered a hamstring injury while playing for his club Clonara in a recent Clare SHC tie, but he has been responding well to treatment and is set to take his place in the full forward line.Honan has racked up 5-10 in the campaign to date with his 2-4 haul pivotal to their thrilling extra-time win over the Tribesmen.

Cathal Chaplin has also recovered from a broken finger and should be fit to partner Enda Barrett at midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Im going with a clare supporting friend.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

SUNDAY - CROKE PARK HERE WE COME UP THE BANNER

and MONDAY - PHOENIX PARK HERE WE COME - COLDPLAY !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

How much is a student ticket for the match or do they pay full whack for the tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bannerbhoy

CarDriver wrote: »
    How much is a student ticket for the match or do they pay full whack for the tickets?
    This link might be some help to you ............
    ....http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=27729

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

bannerbhoy wrote: »
    This link might be some help to you ............
    ....http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=27729

Sound thanks very much for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Congrats. to the team - well done. Thanks for a great match.

Just home, FANTASTIC result, great to see Plan B in effect. And I was on TV if anyone needs proof I was there :)

When will they be coming home? Tonight or tomorrow?

Gonna get the piss taken out of me tomorrow at school :/. My excuse is in the roll of honour, '00, '01, '02. :cool:

delighted for the clare team though. After seeing them play limerick in cusack park, i knew they were gonna go on to get silverware :). Well done lads!

I've heard the home coming is in Dunnes Car Park around 7.30 tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

Clareman wrote: »
    I've heard the home coming is in Dunnes Car Park around 7.30 tonight

Clare fm said 7pm at the height!

http://www.clare.fm/news/homecoming-clare-under-21%E2%80%99s
    Homecoming for Clare Under 21’s
    14 September, 2009 - 10:45

* Economy and Employment

Congratulations are pouring in for the Under 21 team after their All Ireland Success.

The celebrations will continue in earnest this evening with the official homecoming for the squad kicking off at O Connell Square in Ennis at 7.30.

John Minogue’s men overcame Kilkenny by 15 points to 14 during a thriller and sometimes heart stopping clash at Croke Park yesterday

++++

Plan is for the Height, I would imagine there'll be a bigger crowd than expected so it might be moved, Dunnes Car Park wouldn't be suitable anymore I'd imagine with all the development that has been done, down the bottom of Abbey Street where Ali was I'd imagine would be the best place

Went to the homecoming. Was a brilliant atmosphere. Although seriously, the amount of children on their parents shoulders like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

Went to the homecoming. Was a brilliant atmosphere. Although seriously, the amount of children on their parents shoulders like :rolleyes:

Ridiculous decision to hold the homecoming in the Square. It was very difficult to see anything. Should have been in the Abbey St Car Park. :mad:

I was at it as well, GREAT night in town although I have to admit to be struggling now, the place was busier than any Saturday night I've seen recently. Holding the main even in the Height was a joke, why couldn't they set up where Ali was? I did find it amusing the amount of people complaining that the thing started on time :D

Yup, having it in the square was stupid! People were climbing up trees to try and see the hurlers like :rolleyes:
    and bringing my little sister to it and her ending up seeing nothing was disappointing due to all the children on the shoulders.

if only we had somewhere in town that was designed to take large crowds to see hurling teams...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Abbey st car park would have been better but they didn't have enough time to prepare for it. They had a few weeks to prepare for Ali.

• Advertisement

Who was your man that was the host/presenter/whatever you wanna call him, on the night? Because, i found him very annoying :rolleyes:

Advertisement