Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless says its connected but its not really

• 09-09-2009 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Using the same wireless on this phone to access boards but my laptop won't work properly on it. In seventeen mins it has sent and receivd 3k packets. Any obvious problem here. Tried everything. Some pages load first time them take ages to load and nothing comes up. Help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

Are you with Eircon? If so have you tried changing your dns to open dns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 johnjoe86

have you tried switching on/off the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

johnjoe86 wrote: »
    have you tried switching on/off the internet
    I wish I could do that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

Other laptops are accessing it fine. Its rogers internet in canada and not mine as i'm staying at a friends temp. Sometimes when it connects it takes ages to acquire the address or some ****. The little comp in the bottom right is usually dark but flashes sometimes. And internet loads some pages for about two mins then goes. Never longer than two mins.

Advertisement