Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think everyone should have a option for a custom avatar

Options
  • 09-09-2009 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

I think everyone should be allowed to upload a custom avatar, not just subscribers!

Anyone forum im a member in, on the internet, which is alot, allows me upload my very own custom picture!

Tonight i went looking through the available ones cause i fancied a change and there all sh1te!

Having to pay for a 2kb image is just petty :(
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Ch'yeah, selecting from a list of predefined avatars is so 1999.
    Having said that, saying things are "so <insert year here>" is so 2003, so I'll just get my coat... which is like so over anyway... just get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You've been stayin in boards.ie's spare room, rent free, for 2 years, chatting to people and having a bit of fun!
    Do you not think its time you started paying a bit of rent before you go asking to change the wallpaper or move the furniture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

There are countless forums out there that allow custom avatars, name changes, changing of tags underneath your username, etc etc for free. I find it petty to be honest, and I think that just denying access to certain boards is more than enough in enticing people to subscribe. Personally I would never subscribe in order to get something that I have for free on many other forums.

You can get access to everything without subscribing, you just have to ask!

The only thing available by subscribing is the S&S forum (crap) and the First class forum (not missing much)

Subscribing is to keep boards alive and support all the good work its doing / has done

Having a custom avatar is just a bonus

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nuxxx wrote: »
    Having to pay for a 2kb image is just petty :(

A fiver hardly breaks the bank.
    Anyway, it won't be happening, it's part of the subscribers package.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I think everyone should have a pony.

oscarBravo wrote: »

I'd prefer a villa in the south of France. With a pool.
    Make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

to be honest, i don't think anyone who subscribes does so to get any of that stuff. Any time i've subscribed its to help the site i've gotten so much out of. If i was gonna subscribe just to get something, it wouldn't be any of that stuff. *shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

No you're a pony!

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    No you're a pony!

lets not turn this into "I know you are, but what am I?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Tallon wrote: »
    You've been stayin in boards.ie's spare room, rent free, for 2 years, chatting to people and having a bit of fun!
    Do you not think its time you started paying a bit of rent before you go asking to change the wallpaper or move the furniture?

Lol Tallon although i have some sympathy with the OP,reading this made me laugh so much coffee came streaming down my nose:D

the off putting thing to some people subscribing i would think might be i dont know of a way it can be paid without the member losing their anonimity to boards.ie(staff)?

ynotdu wrote: »
    the off putting thing to some people subscribing i would think might be i dont know of a way it can be paid without the member losing their anonimity to boards.ie(staff)?

It's done via paypal.
    I cannot see what the staff have to do with that.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    It's done via paypal.
    I cannot see what the staff have to do with that.

Oh ok,thought name and adress would be nescessary,had not really looked into it, just as i said the post was very amusing!

cheers!

ynotdu wrote: »
    Oh ok,thought name and adress would be nescessary,had not really looked into it, just as i said the post was very amusing!

cheers!

just post your national sort code and account number in the AH forum and your subscription should be setup within 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

A fiver hardly breaks the bank.
    Anyway, it won't be happening, it's part of the subscribers package.

actually, name me a bank in this country that has a fiver and i'll subscribe.

snyper wrote: »

12404777503tpQ3c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

snyper wrote: »

Ulster Bank are giving me €100 for opening an account. AIB are giving me €50 for opening an account. They both seem to have more than a fiver.

Jay P wrote: »
    Ulster Bank are giving me €100 for opening an account. AIB are giving me €50 for opening an account. They both seem to have more than a fiver.

You have e150 to bank:eek:

address please!;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

At this stage I've had my pleb avatar so long that I wouldn't change it even if I do subscribe.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I'd prefer a villa in the south of France. With a pool.
    Make it happen.

Who's taking the pony to France?

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm sorry I read this thread. Now I want a pony. And a hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Ch'yeah, selecting from a list of predefined avatars is so 1999.
    Having said that, saying things are "so <insert year here>" is so 2003, so I'll just get my coat... which is like so over anyway... just get over it.

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

customavatars.jpg

Ill stick with me orb avatar so, not gona fork out 50euro a year over it

Have a nice day!

p.s Are moderators allowed custom avatars?

nuxxx wrote: »
    p.s Are moderators allowed custom avatars?

You wanna become a mod now, don't you?

You wanna become a mod now, don't you?

I would truly top myself before that happened, stop brown nosing and get the hell out of my thread

Brown nosing? sorry, does not compute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Subscribing is to keep boards alive and support all the good work its doing / has done

You only subbed to one up me on the avatar :p

Seriously though, with the amount of cash boards makes whoring off ad space, I wouldn't worry about subscribing to support the site.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I'll show you my pony, if you show me your pony first!

Oh... on topic... I have grown used to my silly lighthouse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Pick one username. One avatar. Stay with that forever. Avatars and usernames are grouped together in my head. Change one or the other and I have either lost all respect for you or have absolutely no idea who you are. I think people shouldn't be allowed change anything. It's not my fault you picked a crap username. You'll have to live with it.

Please don't change my username again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement