Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think everyone should have a option for a custom avatar

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Pick one username. One avatar. Stay with that forever. Avatars and usernames are grouped together in my head. Change one or the other and I have either lost all respect for you or have absolutely no idea who you are. I think people shouldn't be allowed change anything. It's not my fault you picked a crap username. You'll have to live with it.

Please don't change my username again.

Can someone swap all of Doc Bollockos and javaboys profile details? Usernames, avatars, tags, sigs, post count, join date, the lot.

I just wanna see how long it takes for anyone to notice, including them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

orestes wrote: »
    Can someone swap all of Doc Bollockos and javaboys profile details? Usernames, avatars, tags, sigs, post count, join date, the lot.

I just wanna see how long it takes for anyone to notice, including them

You're just jealous cos we're irresistible to the wimminfolk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You're just jealous cos we're irresistible to the wimminfolk.

Now I don't know which one I'm talking to. I really didn't think this idea through the whole way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Rb wrote: »
    You only subbed to one up me on the avatar :p

This is very true, very

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

nuxxx wrote: »
    What are you on about?
    Recursive anachronisms.
    p.s Are moderators allowed custom avatars?
    It didn't come as part of the package when I was a mod, although it probably should, considering what people are giving back by modding. (ie. reading long uninteresting threads and having to decide which toys go back in which prams)
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    A fiver hardly breaks the bank.
    This is true... and you have a whole month to settle on one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I would truly top myself before that happened, stop brown nosing and get the hell out of my thread
    Of course you want to be a mod - you'd hardly "top" yourself at the prospect. Also it's not "your" thread, and mods who don't subscribe don't get customised avatars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

If people are hosting the image for their avatar on their own webspace I see no reason to not allow them have a custom avatar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

As long as they hacked the upload script to examine the first few bytes if the image was image/gif and make sure that it wasn't an animated GIF. Otherwise having so many people able to upload animated GIFs would mean that they'd keep getting through.

On the other hand, we could use the use of animated GIFs as a minority report on the user in question being a twat, and just lifetime siteban anyone who did.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Is that difficult do you know?

I agree that the current size restrictions and restictions on animated gifs should stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Dudess wrote: »
    Of course you want to be a mod - you'd hardly "top" yourself at the prospect. Also it's not "your" thread, and mods who don't subscribe don't get customised avatars.

Why is Gods name would i want to be a moderator on this website, i mean, seriously. Do i suspect some bitchyness coming from you, from what i posted in the other feedback thread? I think so :rolleyes:

I stated my opinion in the OP and become bombarded with posts which make no sence and are off topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I think if I subscribed I'd rename myself Laudenum, and make my avatar a vial and dropper.

Just let people google and then wait for the Feedback thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

This thread is so ****ing dumb it just gave me cancer.

MarkMI6 wrote: »
    This thread is so ****ing dumb it just gave me cancer.

Wow how mature using that word, go fcuk yourself

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nuxxx
    Once you reduce yourself to that, you loose the argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Beruthiel wrote: »
    nuxxx
    Once you reduce yourself to that, you loose the argument.

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

ohaiyoujust128552084557608145.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

If everybody had the option, it would probably be abused :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    If everybody had the option, it would probably be abused :pac:

Case in point! lol :p

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Jay P wrote: »
    Ulster Bank are giving me €100 for opening an account.
    They got in trouble for also offering tickets to a strip club with that €100.*

Animated gifs are the thing that makes me think custom avatars should not be available to all. I hate the blinking, flashing, irritating yokes.

For about a euro a week I like my blue baldy avatar. (designed by 6th, dontcha know) I think Im worth it.

*completely off topic but interesting fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

It's a good thing we are not like somethingawful forums, where there is a charge of $5 for an avatar change!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Why is Gods name would i want to be a moderator on this website, i mean, seriously.
    People who constantly bitch about moderators... want to be moderators.
    Do i suspect some bitchyness coming from you, from what i posted in the other feedback thread? I think so :rolleyes:
    Nah, more just your general non stop bitching and moaning and tarring all moderators with one brush.

Dudess wrote: »
    People who constantly bitch about moderators... want to be moderators.

Nah, more just your general non stop bitching and moaning and tarring all moderators with one brush.

I dont constantly bitch about moderators do i ? If i want power ill sit on a lightbulb

Lock thread please thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If i want power ill sit on a lightbulb
    :D
    The hell was your advice last year when I got into this thing in the first place?!

ah bollocko no advice for you

just keep doing what ya doing u sexy thang

Preferably while a "cushion" is beside you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I dont constantly bitch about moderators do i ? If i want power ill sit on a lightbulb
    That lightbulb will burn your ass!!
    Lock thread please thanks

As requested ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement