Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs South Africa

Options
  • 09-09-2009 3:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Anyone at the match tonight? what was it like? I saw some of the highlights on RTE, it looked like a decent enough game, both sides giving it a go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Yellowshirt

Yeah really enjoyed the match and the atmosphere, thumbs up! dues to both sets of players and fans, it was the best international soccer friendly i been to in a while - worth going to see just how passionate Trappatoni is on the sideline he's pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I was there with my other half and our kids, and I must say it was a very enjoyable match, lovely atmosphere. First half Ireland never really got the ball and when they did they gave it away straight away but we were a much better side in the 2nd half and the goal from the set piece in the first half was just perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Seemed a tiny crowd on TV.

Fair ****s to people refusing to play insane ticket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

There was only about 11,300 at the match, half the attendance of the Australia match but at least 3 times a better atmosphere, probably due to better performance on the pitch, better away fans, and the presence of real irish soccer fans.

Very enjoyable night, turned very cold though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Maybe the atmosphere was better because the reserve lads played like they cared unlike the pampered usual first choice team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

RonMexico wrote: »
    Maybe the atmosphere was better because the reserve lads played like they cared unlike the pampered usual first choice team.

the Att: 14,572 (official)
    the Att: 19,000 (aussie match)
    giving that the "real" supporters wont be jopined by the idiots in the second match this is still a good capacity

the starting line up included
    Kevin Doyle
    Paul McShane
    Keith Andrews
    Caleb Folan

also
    Damien Duff played

out of the 4 starters i mentioned all bar folan are starters for the irish team. do you really expect a full strenght squad playing a "glamour"(aimed at rugby supportes thats why it was the aussies and the south africans) friendly when the season has already started across the water.

ticket prices where not a rip off either
    €25 is the cheapest ticket, then €35, and then €55 for the aussie match

for the south african match
    Schoolboy / girl € 7 (through schoolboy/girl clubs only)
    North and South Terrace €20
    East and West Terrace €30
    East and West Stand €40
    Child Stand ticket (under 16) €20

if this was croke park do you really think it would be cheaper or more expensive????????????????????????????????????

problem with all us limerick people is we give oput and whinge about STUPID things. the price would be cheaper if the demand was lower. since this was the first 2 games for the soccer team here u have all the scum going to it so demand cant be estimated but now next time they will have an idea what people will pay.

20 quid is NOT bad

RonMexico wrote: »

Well Gibson, Andrews, Doyle, St.Ledger, Duff, Folan all played and they are more or less in the first team for competitive games.

Or maybe they just played better because the oppostion are alot less difficult than Australia!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Paulegend wrote: »
    20 quid is NOT bad

I don't agree, for a soccer friendly which are usually (I stress usually) very poor spectacles.

I don't agree, for a soccer friendly which are usually (I stress usually) very poor spectacles.

so how much is a friendly at croke

and noone says you HAVE to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Paulegend wrote: »
    so how much is a friendly at croke

I remember seeing Brazil v Ireland in Croke Park and standard price for tickets for it were €50! Luckily I got my tickets from my school for a fiver :cool:

• Advertisement

creggy wrote: »
    I remember seeing Brazil v Ireland in Croke Park and standard price for tickets for it were €50! Luckily I got my tickets from my school for a fiver :cool:

well you mean ireland v brazil:p

and it was 7 for school kids at thomond

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

The MRSC Choir did a great job too with the anthems.....

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

I enjoyed it, was at both games in Thomond Park, enjoyed this one more....maybe the result was the cause for that, but it was a nice goal....a lot of boring play...but a few good moments, all in all happy I went.

I enjoyed it, was at both games in Thomond Park, enjoyed this one more....maybe the result was the cause for that, but it was a nice goal....a lot of boring play...but a few good moments, all in all happy I went.

Same here.

Advertisement