Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a newly rendered outer wall...How?

Options
  • 09-09-2009 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

So I've just had the outside of the house newly rendered with new scratch coat and a pebble-dash.

Can someone tell me what steps I need to take to ensure that the paint I put on does not crack and come away from the walls? The plasterer mentioned spraying the walls after the first coat had been applied and dried.

Advice anyone? I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bobeye

r3nu4l wrote: »
    So I've just had the outside of the house newly rendered with new scratch coat and a pebble-dash.

Can someone tell me what steps I need to take to ensure that the paint I put on does not crack and come away from the walls? The plasterer mentioned spraying the walls after the first coat had been applied and dried.

Advice anyone? I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of thing.

its not to important to spay at all, thats just a time saver for the painter, firstly it'll need a quick wash wit a power washer, then once dried you may apply your fist coat, next day, next coat untill finish, i recommend that if you've never done this before you conntact a painter to do it, the last thing you need is to spend money getting the fist job done and then ruining it by painting yourself and getting it wrong, i can recommend 1 top painter that will beat most prices around the country. mdmdecor@hotmail.com (0857044560) robbie.

Advertisement