Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yorkies E1.21

Options
  • 09-09-2009 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Spar on Abbey Street is selling yorkies for e1.21, i'm a big yorkie fan and they usually cost 90 cents, the shop 3 doors up sells them for a euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

5 yorkies for €2 in some €2 shops (and well in date). Also go to tesco, loads of bars are €2 or less for 5 packs, including bounties which are rarely on offer. Supervalu have 5 packs of rolos for €1.67.

I haven't bought a bar in a newsagent or spar type shop probably since the 80's...

These spars & newsagents benefit from the same "tradition" of pubs, i.e. not displaying prices openly and people just asking for the drink/bar without knowing the price and sort of being embarrassed to say no when they hear the price, for fear of looking stingy or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

guapos wrote: »
    Spar on Abbey Street is selling yorkies for e1.21, i'm a big yorkie fan and they usually cost 90 cents, the shop 3 doors up sells them for a euro

euro shop right opposite, go there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

1.10 for a can of coke in the spar on Hogan Place in Dublin 2

3.99 for a tube of pringles :eek:

No I didn't buy either!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭marinbike

Its simple: don't buy off them and they won't be able to charge this price. Shop in Dunnes/cheaper destinations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I expect you chose the item unaware of the price, because there was no price on display
    if this is the case, report them to the NCA, teach them a lesson :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

rubadub wrote: »
    These spars & newsagents benefit from the same "tradition" of pubs, i.e. not displaying prices openly and people just asking for the drink/bar without knowing the price and sort of being embarrassed to say no when they hear the price, for fear of looking stingy or whatever.

I have a personal practice of if they don't have the prices on display, I go elsewhere

Advertisement