Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filming in galway?

Options
  • 09-09-2009 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Any idea what they were filming on abbeygate street last night around 10pm? they had two people on stilts, a huge prop horse and numerous extras.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

board failte ad.was an extra.should b in cinemas in dec/january

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

They were filming Galway "During the Arts Festival" for a Bord Failte ad. Why thay didn't film during the actual Arts Festival, I don't know...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Average-Ro wrote: »
    They were filming Galway "During the Arts Festival" for a Bord Failte ad. Why thay didn't film during the actual Arts Festival, I don't know...:rolleyes:

Because that would have been near impossible to do/get permission for.

I doubt it seeing as it would promote the Arts Festival. Get two or three PD170's or Z1's and shoot the Arts Festival as it's happening. If it can be done for GAF TV, why not Bord Failte?

It would have been cheaper as well, considering they wouldn't have had to spend money re-inacting stuff.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Average-Ro wrote: »
    I doubt it seeing as it would promote the Arts Festival. Get two or three PD170's or Z1's and shoot the Arts Festival as it's happening. If it can be done for GAF TV, why not Bord Failte?

It would have been cheaper as well, considering they wouldn't have had to spend money re-inacting stuff.

Most likely wouldn't fit in with the quality they were hoping to achieve last night, I'd be surprised if they hadn't considered filming during the festival itself (if that was an option at the time). Then again, unless the producer wants to comment here we can only guess :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

maybe the ad was only commisioned after arts festival was over.most likely solution i think

howyanow wrote: »
    maybe the ad was only commisioned after arts festival was over.most likely solution i think

True, that could most likely be it.

Mactard wrote: »
    Most likely wouldn't fit in with the quality they were hoping to achieve last night, I'd be surprised if they hadn't considered filming during the festival itself (if that was an option at the time). Then again, unless the producer wants to comment here we can only guess :D

Though I'd believe this as well, directors can be very picky when they want to be:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i was standing outside the cellar chatting with friends, then all of a sudden one of the lads stops mid sentence and pointed. it was quite bizarre to see 4 lads dragging a giant horse down eglington street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Had they been clever they just would have asked GAFTV to shoot something for them.

I mean, there were days where only one crew was out and everyone else was just bumming around.

Also, had they shot during the Arts Festival, they might have gotten in our way, or GAFTV could have taken offense. Hard to say really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Carraig

About 12 or 13 years ago the National Lottery shot an ad on High St and Quay Street basically replicating a Macnas Parade. The Parade shot in the ad was about 20 seconds but took an entire day to film - it's in order to get the exact, controlled shots.
    Besides, tv crews in and around the Macnas Parade have been a complete pain in the arse for everyone involved, audience and performers because they get in everyone's way but think they have the right to stick themselves anywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement