Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfield gig memories.

Options
  • 09-09-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Share yours.

--

Were you at Eddie and the Hot Rods in 1976? Motorhead in 1980? The Offspring in 1999?

Can anyone confirm that The Police and Bo Diddley played Belfield at different times in the 1980s?

Cheers,

http://ucdhiddenhistory.wordpress.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Anyone have any old UCD gig ticket stubs?

ucd1976.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

1968 wrote: »

Can't believed I missed out

Can't believed I missed out

AFAIK, they played an open air gig by the lake for an MTV video/programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

wait. what? the SU used to serve a purpose? and get good gigs?!

• Advertisement

TDOie wrote: »
    wait. what? the SU used to serve a purpose? and get good gigs?!

what about Blue Moose and The Antartic Monkeys?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Erm, hello, Fatman Scoop.

All seriousness, getting Boyz Noize and Deadmau5 is quite a big pull for the SU this year. Very popular at the moment worldwide.

Although, id say The Offspring was great, shame i was 10 years old at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Erm, hello, Fatman Scoop.

All seriousness, getting Boyz Noize and Deadmau5 is quite a big pull for the SU this year. Very popular at the moment worldwide.

Although, id say The Offspring was great, shame i was 10 years old at the time.

Every year they pull of 1 MAYBE 2 half decent events. The rest of the time they just rehash events , Republic of Loose, Blizzards etc.

Getting The Offspring in 1999 when they where HUGE is a great event and a huge accomplishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

TDOie wrote: »
    Every year they pull of 1 MAYBE 2 half decent events. The rest of the time they just rehash events , Republic of Loose, Blizzards etc.

Im sure its always been like that. The year they got The Police or The Offspring im sure there were some awful gigs.

Its probably damn near impossible to get a REALLY good act to come to any college, let alone one in Ireland they probably havent heard of.

Also, sometimes the crap gigs can be the best. For instance, i had a great time in the mosh pit for S-Club at the UCD Ball last year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

As far as im aware The Offspring just turned up, and were told to leave by security !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I think some of yez are missin the pt, Uni gigs are about bands that are looking to make a name for themselves, they dont go when they are already big and well known to the masses.

Advertisement