Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be getting Fifa10-Poll for league members/qualifiers

Options
  • 09-09-2009 11:10am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    As you may know Fifa 10 will be released on the 2nd October 2009 and the intention is that the new league will use the new game.

I want to judge how mnay of the existing league members and people in the qualifying leagues intend to pick up the game. Please vote on the poll above.

Will you be buying FIFA10 on XBox360 45 votes

YES, within the first week of release
    0% 0 votes
    YES, between a week and a month after release
    77% 35 votes
    YES, but not until after at least a month
    15% 7 votes
    NO, no buying FIFA10
    6% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'll be on holidays when it comes out....buying it on October 6th when I get home. Taken the rest of that week off work to recover from jet-lag and have a FIFA 10 fest.

Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

yes ill be getting it. ill also be away till the 6th. Not going vegas or anything facny like that. Good aul spain for me, "dos cervezas, por favor," yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

To be honest im still not sure. Il be playing the demos of both pes2010 and Fifa10 and ill see which is better as ive no loyalties to either. Fifa10 was the first fifa i bought in years simply because its a better game and pes has gone to the dogs.

After Reviews and playing the demo il decide if its worth forking over 60 quid for what basically could be an update. I do admit though the thought of missing out on the boards leagues is affecting my decision!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thankfully, it will be closer to 50 and there are plenty of places where you will get it cheaper. I traded in a cruddy game for 30 euro credit so I will get it for 20 :)

20 euro for a game and a proper league to play in...not too shabby :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

winston82 wrote: »
    Not going vegas or anything facny like that.

:p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Atm im saying no but that could change. I have an important year in college this year and I will be getting Forza3 which I can see taking up a lot of my spare time :)
    Ill keep Fifa09 for the odd game when I feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I'd say I will be buying it alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Definitely getting it the day it comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Getting it day one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Why are the results hidden??

• Advertisement

The results are hidden because it gives me a great rush :)

TBH, I think it gives a fairer vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So you guys wanna forgive me and let us into fifa 10.New game new chance:P

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rocally

I'll be getting it 1st week , i dont know if I qualified yet , hopefully i will :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The results are hidden because it gives me a great rush :)

TBH, I think it gives a fairer vote.

I dont think it does, it means we have no idea when people plan to buy the game and based on those it could be weeks before a league starts or if there is even enough interest for one. If people arent buying it for at least a month im sure people would rather know instead of spending money they maybe dont have on launch week when they could wait a week or two, but buy it because they expect a league to start that week or so and then find out it starts 6 weeks later.

As regards the cost of the game you could get it in Tesco last year for €35 on launch day and gamestop have a deal at the min if you trade in a game off a list (COD5 being one of them) that you can get €30 for your game as long as you pre-order a game. So trade in and pre-order fifa and you are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Why is there no option for "I more than likley will but want to give PES10 a blast first so I can make my mind up"

In saying that I know I will end up buying it over PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

i'll be getting it on day one anyways

Results posted. Seems like the vast majority of people will be getting this during the first week.

Advertisement