Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Airport Taxes

Options
  • 09-09-2009 11:23am

I just booked flights to London Gatwick with Aer Lingus. The flights were free and the taxes and airport charges, round trip, worked out at €42.20 (19.99 dub-gat out 22.21 gat-dub) each before handling fee which was grand. I then decided to book each leg seperately as I won't have check in baggage on the way out but will on the way back.

The taxes and fees for the return flight suddenly dropped from €22.21 to £9.99 because it was orginating in the UK! How can they justify doing this?

My flights worked out at €85 for two rather than €105!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Thanks for pointing that out , you have just saved me about 30 euro !!

Nice trick

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Airport Taxes are one of the great mysteries in life.

For a while Ryanair used vary them depending on whether it was a free flight or a paid flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

They're doing a £10 including taxes promotion in the UK. So your flight is 1p and charges are 9.99. if it wasn't a promotional deal the taxes would have been a lot higher.

Standard taxes/charges ex gatwick are £29.70 as the uk has an added tax for departures originating in the UK - doesn't apply to return legs of flights originating out of UK.

Advertisement