Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoes too Big

• 09-09-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭

I bought a pair of shoes that are slightly too big for me and wondered if anyone can help with suggestions of how to make them fit properly. I know in-soles do the trick but is there anythign else. I just bought them on such an impulse buy on sale and they are non-returnable!!

Any suggestions will help.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fasttrak

If the shoes are slip on, try Scholl Heel Grips €3.50. They stick to the inside of the back of the shoe and stop them slipping off. Make sure and leave them at least 8 hours when you stick them on first. Hope it works for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

fasttrak wrote: »
    If the shoes are slip on, try Scholl Heel Grips €3.50. They stick to the inside of the back of the shoe and stop them slipping off. Make sure and leave them at least 8 hours when you stick them on first. Hope it works for you!

Definitely agree with this. I got some high heels a while back and they fit fine in the shop.. first time I wore them out I almost broke my neck in town falling over cos they were slipping off. Got some of those heel grips and voila! Perfect fit now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Get some tissue paper and gently stuff the toe (not too tightly or you'll end up bruising your toes completely and magnifying the problem). You'll need to try it a few times to get it right. When you think you have just enough in to fill the gap, walk around in them for a while and your foot will shape the tissue. Always works for me, though perhaps not a very long term solution. I always find that those heel grip things come off on my heel after a while.

Advertisement