Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Beatles:Rock Band limited bundle

• 09-09-2009 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭

Anyone know the cheapest place to get The Beatles:Rock Band limited bundle?
    anyone got any impressions on this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Play.com are doing it for €233.99 with free delivery.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/6-/RegionHome.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it's in game on Dawson st for 199

tbh wrote: »
    it's in game on Dawson st for 199

Disregard my previous post. :)

That_Guy wrote: »
    Disregard my previous post. :)

I was surprised myself man! had to check your link to make sure it was the same package. I got the game and the Gretsch (George) wireless guitar for 154, would have gotten the set but I already have the drum kit from the original RB, my missus would not be pleased :)

Anyone know how much game, smyths etc are selling the John Lennon and George Harisson guitars for??

• Advertisement

game, George Harisson guitars for??
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

I was surprised myself man! had to check your link to make sure it was the same package. I got the game and the Gretsch (George) wireless guitar for 154, would have gotten the set but I already have the drum kit from the original RB, my missus would not be pleased :)

It's very expensive for play.com to be honest.

Was a bit surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Rock Band guitars are crap :(

As much as I love the beatles (just bought the mono box set and game) I Pauls violin bass guitar...and same as the other rockband guitars...its crap...buttons are too big and close together to distinguish between them on the fly ...and the same crappy strum bar :(.. I'll stick with my GH3 guitar, prob buy another GH3 one too, specifically for rock band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the hofner bass is way too big to play the game with. reall awkward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Rock Band guitars are crap :(

As much as I love the beatles (just bought the mono box set and game) I Pauls violin bass guitar...and same as the other rockband guitars...its crap...buttons are too big and close together to distinguish between them on the fly ...and the same crappy strum bar :(.. I'll stick with my GH3 guitar, prob buy another GH3 one too, specifically for rock band.

Im the opposite to that i love the rock band guitar i have 2 GH ones and while i like them i found the rock band one has made it easier for me to get from medium up to hard level. I find the bigger buttons easier to slide across and its way easier for me to know where i am on the guitar simply by touch rather than having to look down which is never a good idea in these games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Really ??
    Each to his own I suppose.
    When i first bought rockband I loved it, but hated the guitar, so much so that i went out and bought a GH3 controller specifically to play Rock Band.
    I don't look down ever, but there is a slight seperation between the buttons which makes it easier, same with the strum bar.
    Wheareas i find the rockband guitar is like a keyboard/piano...with all the buttons right beside each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Played a promo of this a few weeks ago and thought it was great craic, watch out for them beatles harmonies though....

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Im loving it !! how do you make the best music game better ? get the best band ever to feature in the game !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I played through the Story Mode earlier, it's very good. If you like The Beatles, you'll love it. It's a very authentic experience, I had to concentrate quite hard to avoid being distracted by the psychedelic parts! I played the Expert Bass career, nothing was overly difficult. Came close to failing Helter Skelter though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got the Limited Pack today. Top notch. Only bad thing is the mic stand is a bit small. Want to be about 4ft to be able to stand and sing with the height of it and the length of the guitar strap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I love this game. The attention to detail and little nuances are groundbreaking. That honestly is not even remotely overstating it!

I finished the expert guitar career last night, only 4 songs I didn't manage to 5* and got plenty of Gold Stars too.

Many people are 'complaining' that this is too easy... I disagree, the music is just so much fun to play, so if difficulty matters to you, sod off to Guitar Hero 17 (this is coming from someone who beat Jordan on Expert).

Moment of the game for me was the transition between Sgt Peppers and With a Little Help from my Friends.

Biiiiiiiiiiill Lyyyyyyyyy Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears. It gave me goosebumps, in a way that only great music can!

Also, the achievements look like a great long-term challenge, although I know right now I won't get the 1,000.

Moment of the game for me was the transition between Sgt Peppers and With a Little Help from my Friends.

Same for me.

The "I am the walrus" dream scape is amazing and probably my favourite in the game.

Great game that I was looking forward to for a long time and it really lived up to expectations.

Many people are 'complaining' that this is too easy... I disagree, the music is just so much fun to play, so if difficulty matters to you, sod off to Guitar Hero 17 (this is coming from someone who beat Jordan on Expert).

This annoys me when people complain about the difficulty. Its The Beatles:Rockband what were they expecting.

If Harmonix had have went down the Guitar Hero route and just made up note charts to make the songs harder it would have ruined the game.

The note charts are so accurate you really feel like your playing the song and that's why the game is so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

couple of questions:

can the hofner/game combo be bought? or is that only in the full pack

what makes the hofner awkward? (i'm used to GH WT controllers, never played RB)

if you use the GH controllers with RB - B how do you get around the "solo" buttons that are on the new RB controllers?

they say that you can do all the vocal harmonies in this game, how is this possible? 3 vox + 4 instruments is 7 controllers? or is the mic shared?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Biiiiiiiiiiill Lyyyyyyyyy Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears. It gave me goosebumps, in a way that only great music can!

This. My favourite Beatles song(s) from my favourite Beatles album. I'll be tempted to download the rest of Sgt Pepper's when it's released!
    can the hofner/game combo be bought? or is that only in the full pack

No, the Hofner is only available in the full box set. I'd love to get one too! It might be released on its own sometime though.

Has everyone downloaded All You Need Is Love? It's worth it, especially since the proceeds are going to charity.

if you use the GH controllers with RB - B how do you get around the "solo" buttons that are on the new RB controllers?

just use the normal buttons, afaik there's no functionality specific to the solo buttons
    they say that you can do all the vocal harmonies in this game, how is this possible? 3 vox + 4 instruments is 7 controllers? or is the mic shared?
    you can add multiple mics using a USB hub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

just use the normal buttons, afaik there's no functionality specific to the solo buttons

Theses an achievement tied to them on one of the other games but other than that they are much to difficult to switch too in the middle of a frantic song.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Really ??
    Each to his own I suppose.
    When i first bought rockband I loved it, but hated the guitar, so much so that i went out and bought a GH3 controller specifically to play Rock Band.
    I don't look down ever, but there is a slight seperation between the buttons which makes it easier, same with the strum bar.
    Wheareas i find the rockband guitar is like a keyboard/piano...with all the buttons right beside each other

was thinking of this post as I was playing last night :( very true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Had a good bash of this last night with a full band (drums, bass, guitar and 3 singers)... It was epic! so much fun, especially for beatles fans.

Went quickly enough through the career. Didn't go all the way though. Did it all on hard difficulty.

The 3 mics worked well, but the harmonies are difficult enough to get right. I was playing bass and signing harmonies, but I was contentrating on the bass highway and was just singing from memory. I wasn't looking at the lyrics, so I wasn't paying attention to the visual indicator for harmonies (i.e. the 3 way bar). You really need to be focusing on the singing/harmony indicator to get the big points... It will be fun practising that though.

As others have said, you can blitz through the career mode quick enough, but there are so many levels to the game, you can come back and play them over and over again....

I'm not a fan of the Rockband guitars I have to say. Same as others have said, I prefer the guitar hero buttons as they are easier to distinguish from each other, whereas the rockband buttons are flush.

Had a quick play with the rockband hofner bass. Looks nice, but the buttons are stretched a bit further out than previous models. Didn't find it that good to be honest. I just used my guitar hero les paul. They are built with a lot more quality.

This game no doubt is going to provide endless hours of fun! :pac:

Advertisement