Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do Saturday (by day)

Options
  • 09-09-2009 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,

A few friends are coming to visit me in Galway from home for the weekend. There's plenty to do Fri and Saturday night with them but have no idea how to fill a Saturday afternoon evening.

I usually find myself floating around town or going for a walk if I'm around on Saturday.

The guys aren't mad sports guys to go to pub all day and watch match and it'd bore the girls to tears. Don't really know.... ?? Any ideas to entertain a crowd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Have ye got transport? Are ye willing to spend a few bob... we need more details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

http://www.pureskill.ie

Great craic to kill a couple of hours. Puts ya in the mood for pints afterwards!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭GrayD

Yeah, we can drive but not looking to go far, looking for something near town or a bit outside.

Pureskill is a good idea. The girls might enjoy it sure. We'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

go to aran if the weather kicks in it will be class over there and i think the ferry is back by eight time enough for the rest of the night out

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

Weather is supposed to be nice over the weekend so Aran Islands could be good - otherwise you could just try Salthill for a stroll on the prom and then into the funfair for a bit. Then you could have a few pints in the sun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shooting stuff with a gun
    www.glenlo.com/act_clay.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

You could stroll around the little market in shop street.. then head to salthill.. have a nice lunch, walk on prom etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The Aran Islands +1

Take the ferry over, rent yourselves some bikes, and a great time will be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

lala stone wrote: »
    You could stroll around the little market in shop street.. then head to salthill.. have a nice lunch, walk on prom etc!

+1

Was going to suggest this myself but got beat to the punch!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

drinking @ the sparch?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Take a spin out to the Clarinbridge Oyster Festival where there will be a good atmosphere. Don't go to the Gala where the tickets are vastly overpriced but there will be good craic in the village.

Advertisement