Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old sowing machine

• 09-09-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hello,

i have a very old (i think) singer sowing machine, its mounted of a table and it folds away into a cabinet under the table, now i know little or nothing about antiques but to me it seems in very good condition and maybe 70+ years old, what im looking for is maybe some opinions on its value and if it could be sold. i can post a few pics of it also... any replies appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

You could try putting it into an auction but it probably won't fetch very much. The time for selling sewing machine tables was 20 years ago when every pub wanted them and even then you could pick them up for 8/10 pounds. I used to deal in them - the machines into the scrap pile, the timber box into the Rayburn and the table sold on to the pub trade. Sorry for not being the bearer of better tidings. Try your local auction room - we could all be surprised as it really depends who is there on the day of the sale! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hoggibear

ah ok ... well thanks for the info.. maybe ill just wrap it up and stick it in the attic, forget about it for a few decades haha:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is it still in working order?
    Do you know what model it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hoggibear

not sure what model but yeah its in good working order...should there be a model number or something on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 oldandfeelit

I found this on the net while looking for some info about my own machine.

SINGER® SEWING CO. | Support: Serial Numbers

• Advertisement
Advertisement