Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late or ??

Options
  • 09-09-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

just looking for some advice please.

We decided in July that we were going to ttc early next year and as I have been on the pill for about 7 years I thought it best to come off the pill early and get my cycle back to normal before starting to try. We had said we would use other forms of contraception.
    I came off the pill in July and had my first natural period in Aug - the cycle was 35 days. Before starting the pill my cycle varied from 30 - 35 days so that did not bother me.
    I was just so glad to get a period!

Anyway, during my last cycle we decided that maybe we would not wait so long and took a few chances regarding contraception. I am not sure when I was due to ovulate as I had not been planning on worrying about that for another few months.

Going by a 35 day cycle I would have been due my period on Sunday gone. Not sure if I am just late as my body is just getting back to normal or if I could be pregnant.
    Don't want to give too much info and gross people out but I thought my period was arriving Monday as I had a little bit of a show when I went to the loo and that continued Tues but is gone today.

My question is, is it normal to have a relatively normal cycle the first month and then for them to go a bit funny?
    Sorry if this is a bit rambling, just excited nervous now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd do a test, you're late so it should come up with a definete positive or negative now.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Friend talked me into doing one last night, came back +!
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Congratulations. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

That is brilliant - congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

congrats !! :):):)

Advertisement