Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistance on new site

• 09-09-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ID@THEWIDOWS

I am unaware of whether or not you could assist me on the above matter. I am interested in building a community based website which will also incorporate revenue generation functions. I am computer literate with regards to office administration and the like, however, I am technically underskilled to web site management and any assistance with this regard would be extremely beneficial.

I am currently at the idea stage of this project and I would like to gain any additional information with regards training , advice and also possible mentoring. I have a low budget of approx €1500 for this project and I have been in contact with freelancers in India through the site Guru. com which seem to match this valuation. I would be grateful if you could offer advice on the pros and cons of using such a site. I have been talking to a number of people who have used it and believe it is a good tool. However, such individuals have had considerable more technical know how than I and I am afraid If i need something changed that they will not give me access password to change content etc.

Also assitance on relative costs for such a site in Ireland to host it and what steps I would need to take to get going.

Comments

Although I'm not going to tell you that all Indian freelancers are bad or dishonest; hiring freelance programmers from outside Ireland does carry a risk. Then again, you probably already knew that. What are the complete specs for the site? Because as it is; €1500 seems pretty do-able.

Advertisement