Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nama protest on Lansdowne Road

Options
  • 09-09-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why there is a protest going on about Nama on Lansdowne Road? I see TV3 were about as was one of the SF TD's. Only looks like there's about 10-15people but with a loudspeaker it's well audible within our office anyways.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Brian Cowen is in the IPA giving a speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/cowen-says-cabinet-has-signed-off-on-nama-legislation-1882169.html

Cowen said Cabinet had signed off on NAMA legislation at the IPA meeting.

There goes my last chance of buying a house.
    I hear Toronto is beautiful in the Winter tho.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

sinn fein activists robbers costumes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭RealityCheck

sinn fein activists robbers costumes...

Interesting :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    [URL]
    There goes my last chance of buying a house.
    I hear Toronto is beautiful in the Winter tho.:o[/url]

Funny I was thinking the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Em, this ain't good. Among people my age, emigration is quite a popular topic especially when NAMA comes up. Seems quite obvious the recent graduates with nothing holding them back don't want to be paying this off for the rest of their lives and their kids lives and their kids lives etc...

Soon as things pick up elsewhere expect young Irish people to flee the nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

thebman wrote: »
    Em, this ain't good. Among people my age, emigration is quite a popular topic especially when NAMA comes up. Seems quite obvious the recent graduates with nothing holding them back don't want to be paying this off for the rest of their lives and their kids lives and their kids lives etc...

Soon as things pick up elsewhere expect young Irish people to flee the nation.
    If only Thomas Cook had held on for a little longer, they'd make billionaires out of all their shareholders.

Advertisement