Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeplug adapters, anyone use them?

Options
  • 09-09-2009 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I bought a set of these off eBuyer and am having a complete pain in the @ss with them.

The first set I had one of the adapters was faulty, so off they went back to eBuyer. I have just gotten the second set and am having a new problem. Now I think this time it is actually to do with the router, (UPC's lovely Cisco shambles) which I think may be blocking the traffic for some reason.
    I've turned off the firewall in the router now, but the adapters work for about 10 minutes and then the data light turns Red on one of them and stays that way.

Finding any information online is an absolute nightmare for these things, so does anyone have any experience or advice for getting the damn things working?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

I've got Devolo homeplugs and have them with almost a year now, never had a problem with them, working just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Try to give them a dedicated wall socket each (rather than using them through multi-way adapters). Failing that - just try and make sure that they are not overheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

You prbably need a cheap switch to sit between the router and the internal network. My router has a 4 port switch which works with the homeplug.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭38141

Is there any loss of download speed with these?

Advertisement