Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to copy Video content from RTE on to your Hard Disk

• 09-09-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

not sure if this is the right forum or not.....hope some one can help with this.

How can you copy video/audio content from a website such as RTE.ie or even youtube? Is special software required (free or other wise)?

I know it involves pasting the url into real player but can't figure it out after that.

Also, how can you save a radio program that you listen to on the internet on to your hard disk drive? I appreciate that a lot of this content can be downloaded from the stations web page or itunes (a la gift grub/nob nation) but is there a facilty on real player or windows media player that actually records a radio program live?

Thanks for any help....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

If you have real player installed, play the video. Place the cursor over the video and you should get an option to download the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Thanks for that....sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Maqnus

Install Real Player, play the video. Place the arrow over the videobox and you should get an option to download the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

How do you change the file format on an internet recording to WAV, AVI etc.

Then, taking that a step further how do you convert those formats so you can play them in your dvd player?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

convert x to dvd should be able to go straight to dvd without converting to avi ect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

Real player doesn't seem to work on the RTE website anymore, anyone got any other advise on how to record?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I use the Real player method but when that don't work for some sites, I use "Replay Video Capture"

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rudedog

Here's a neat trick that i use for this on Safari on the Mac, will work with YouTube and all sorts of streaming vids. Will probably work on windows version of Safari aslo, but i have not tried on windows version so cannot say for sure.

http://www.thewwwblog.com/download-youtube-videos-safari-browser-mac-os-x.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

rudedog wrote: »
    Here's a neat trick that i use for this on Safari on the Mac, will work with YouTube and all sorts of streaming vids. Will probably work on windows version of Safari aslo, but i have not tried on windows version so cannot say for sure.

http://www.thewwwblog.com/download-youtube-videos-safari-browser-mac-os-x.html
    Doesn't work anymore, sadly.

Anyone have any other way?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Doesn't work anymore, sadly.

Anyone have any other way?

See my post above with link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭electrolinks

Fo Mac OS X try iShowU
    http://www.shinywhitebox.com/
    finisklin wrote: »
    Hi folks,

not sure if this is the right forum or not.....hope some one can help with this.

How can you copy video/audio content from a website such as RTE.ie or even youtube? Is special software required (free or other wise)?

I know it involves pasting the url into real player but can't figure it out after that.

Also, how can you save a radio program that you listen to on the internet on to your hard disk drive? I appreciate that a lot of this content can be downloaded from the stations web page or itunes (a la gift grub/nob nation) but is there a facilty on real player or windows media player that actually records a radio program live?

Thanks for any help....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Anyone else with a suggestion that is free! Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement