Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 days in Memphis - Apart from Graceland

• 09-09-2009 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Am planning on spending 2 days in Memphis,

I will go to Graceland and cait wait to see it.

Apart from Graceland, seeing as I dont have a lot of time, what are other memphis highlights - and advice on great places to stay or eat would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 K-town

i suppose it depends what you are into really, the Church of God in Christ is located in Memphis, Martin Luther King gave his 'I have been to the mountaintop' speech the night before he was assassinated.

There are also quite a few museums including the Pink Palace museum which is a huge science museum- it is supposed to be really good. Mid town has quite a few neighbourhoods worth seeing, some of them house quite a lot of art galleries and are really chilled out, personally i would recommend the Edge is which is at the of Downtown close to Madison Av, Sun Studios is also located in the Edge

Other than that a nice walk along the Mississippi never hurt anyone :D

Hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

I'm going to Memphis for 2 days in November so I've been doing a lot of research on this lately :D

We're taking a tour called Mojo Music Tour which has gotten really good reviews on TripAdvisor. It shows you all the major sites and your tour guide plays the guitar and sings!

We're also going to check out the marching ducks at the Peabody hotel and take a boat rip on the Mississippi. At night we'll probably hang out arounfd Beale Street and check out a Blues cafe.

Advertisement