Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm very confused

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Was thinking of you yesterday but did not want to ask - it can be 14-16 days (from experience), I would wait another few days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭GalwayDub2

Thanks Cathy. I think I'll leave it now and just wait for my period to arrive at the weekend instead of getting another test. Only thing is....I've a mad night out planned for Friday night!

For your own sake do a chepo test on Thursday and then if you still get nothing then tone down your Friday...I really wish you all the best.

You do not know either way yet, I know that it is fustrating but you have to wait, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Is the embryo not feeding off the yolk sac at that stage? By that (I'm asking) is it not ok go drink at what would be 4 weeks pregnant (2 weeks post-conception)?

Khannie wrote: »
    Is the embryo not feeding off the yolk sac at that stage? By that (I'm asking) is it not ok go drink at what would be 4 weeks pregnant (2 weeks post-conception)?
    I am just being careful, why take any chance if you want it so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 happyposter

I definitley think its not over til its over. You could have late implantation. day 14 -16 really would be best I'm dying to know how it goes for you. Be brill if it happened for you so soon. Fingers and toes crossed
    its finally happened for me :) .... again, we were trying since march but decided to go pro and educated myself in june to ensure we got everything right in august and alas there was no joy, but this month, i was soo sure i wasn't and had zero symptoms, and there ya go, bun in oven!!! still sinking in, just got confirmed by doc today, anxious about the 12 weeks etc, but OMG.

Let us know how tomorrow goes!!!
    Wishing you all the luck in the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations Happyposter!

See you over in the 'Pregnant' forum! :D

I definitley think its not over til its over. You could have late implantation. day 14 -16 really would be best I'm dying to know how it goes for you. Be brill if it happened for you so soon. Fingers and toes crossed
    its finally happened for me :) .... again, we were trying since march but decided to go pro and educated myself in june to ensure we got everything right in august and alas there was no joy, but this month, i was soo sure i wasn't and had zero symptoms, and there ya go, bun in oven!!! still sinking in, just got confirmed by doc today, anxious about the 12 weeks etc, but OMG.

Let us know how tomorrow goes!!!
    Wishing you all the luck in the world!

Congrats HP!!! Thats great news!! I honestly dont think I am this month, I did that test after day 13-14 and I've a giant spot today, so I know the dreaded period is on the way. Plus....I have no symptoms at all. Will keep you up to date though.

How many weeks are you? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Overthinker

Hi, ya never know Galway you still could be, when is your actual period due?

Im 39 days since i stopped my pill and still no period! I did a test last thursday because I was going away for the weekend so wanted to make sure. It came up negative! Since Monday I have been feeling crampy like my period was coming but nothing and I know from my last pregnancy thats the way I felt. I never got my real period after coming off the pill last time as I got pg straight away.
    What are the chances of that happening again though??

Should I get an accurate result if I take another test now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Overthinker

Well I did another HPT today and it was positive! Cant believe it happened so fast thats twice now after stopping pill I got pregnant before my period!!

Well I did another HPT today and it was positive! Cant believe it happened so fast thats twice now after stopping pill I got pregnant before my period!!

WOW! Congrats! Thats fab news for you! :D

I did another test last night and it was negative. I'm due my period around saturday, so it would definitely be coming up by now if I was pregnant. I ovulated 2 weeks ago last Monday.

I'll just have to try again next month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just wondering if any of your partners have had sperm tests to make sure their up to the job? If men are drinking every week, dont get any/much exercise, or are stressed they can have serious problems with their sperm. Might just be another thing to rule out. OP, this advice may be of use to your friend who is 27 and trying for almost a year.

Id definitely agree with the idea of making sure your still enjoying your sex and have it often but keep it spontaneous, nobody wants it to become a chore. It seems like you see the pill as an on/off switch for the "Baby maker".... It can take time for your body to return to a state where its ready.

Just wondering if any of your partners have had sperm tests to make sure their up to the job? If men are drinking every week, dont get any/much exercise, or are stressed they can have serious problems with their sperm. Might just be another thing to rule out. OP, this advice may be of use to your friend who is 27 and trying for almost a year.

Id definitely agree with the idea of making sure your still enjoying your sex and have it often but keep it spontaneous, nobody wants it to become a chore. It seems like you see the pill as an on/off switch for the "Baby maker".... It can take time for your body to return to a state where its ready.

Thanks for the advice, I'll pass it onto my friend.

I dont see the pill as an on/off switch for the "baby maker"....... I've just heard of so many people who get pregnant the minute they stop taking the pill.....obviously I'm not one of those.

Thanks again

Advertisement