Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E55 - Half Qwerty Keypad

• 09-09-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-e55/specifications

Time to replace my K800i and this phone appears to have everything I want in a new phone and note it is now available to buy sim-free in the UK for about £250 (mobilefun.co.uk).

Anyone know if it could be released in Ireland in the near future?

Also, has anyone ever used a half qwerty keypad? Would be interested to hear what it was like for typing speed in comparison to a normal keypad. The E52 appears to be the same phone without the half qwerty option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Also interested in this phone. The touchscreen on my nokia 5800 is rubbish for email. Might be worth waiting for the e72 with a full keyboard and better camera though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Here is a thread from last month about about the E55: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055651112

And for your own info, mobilefun dont ship phones here last time i checked. The ship accessories but not phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Davy wrote: »
    Here is a thread from last month about about the E55: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055651112

And for your own info, mobilefun dont ship phones here last time i checked. The ship accessories but not phones.

Thanks Davy, didn't see you other thread.

I am not sure how I would get on with the full qwerty (eg. e72) as I have big fingers, so thought the half qwerty might be worth a shot so interested to see who's used one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Mobile fun won't ship phones here though. You need to use a friend or relative in the uk and their credit card if they are feeling charitable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xtrcom2

bough the phone in london few weeks ago. love it but then one day it just died (would not power on or charge or connect to the pc) had to send it back and got a new replacement two days ago and that broke as well. the phone powers on but the knocks off after 2 seconds.

don't rush buying this phone until there is new firmware update

anyway, great phone! very fast to do anything with such as powering on or opening up aplications.
    great battery life and easy to type with the "qw er ty" keyboard after a small bit of getting used to.

any questions just grop a line

P.S paid 280 punds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

xtrcom2, how do you find typing speed compared to T9? Is it worth the extra for the half qwerty keypad or am i better of saving some cash and get the E52?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

xtrcom2 wrote: »
    bough the phone in london few weeks ago. love it but then one day it just died (would not power on or charge or connect to the pc) had to send it back and got a new replacement two days ago and that broke as well. the phone powers on but the knocks off after 2 seconds.

don't rush buying this phone until there is new firmware update

anyway, great phone! very fast to do anything with such as powering on or opening up aplications.
    great battery life and easy to type with the "qw er ty" keyboard after a small bit of getting used to.

any questions just grop a line

P.S paid 280 punds

That's interesting. On mobile-review there were reports of a good few E52s showing up dead-on-arrival to customers and others failing very quickly afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xtrcom2

IH77 wrote: »
    xtrcom2, how do you find typing speed compared to T9? Is it worth the extra for the half qwerty keypad or am i better of saving some cash and get the E52?

i think it is worth the extra few euro, i got used to the qw er ty keypad after 2 days and was typing just like on the e71.

Advertisement