Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question to the NO side? why are yee insulting people and want to keep them in dark

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Bambi wrote: »
    Note to the OP: you stated that the NO side (there's a unified side now?) have insulted people, care to point out examples where people have been insulted by NO campaigners?

Founding forefathers etc. nonsense.

Also here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055678552

I value our sovereignty and our foreign policy rights and I haven't seen a Yes voter argue they aren't important.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Note to the OP: you stated that the NO side (there's a unified side now?) have insulted people, care to point out examples where people have been insulted by NO campaigners?
    Tried to get OP to answer that four pages ago. But to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

There are no insults there. Given this forums dislike for unfounded statements I would suggest that you alter the thread title accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

There are no insults there. Given this forums dislike for unfounded statements I would suggest that you alter the thread title accordingly

When you blatantly tell lies to peoples faces, when in most cases you are fully aware you're lying, then you are insulting people. That's the point that's being made. This is quite obviously happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Tried to get OP to answer that four pages ago. But to no avail.

Well there seems to be a very similar message from the No side an there also seems to be a similar message from the Yes side. The Yes side are using rubbish slogans but the No side are telling lies, often blatant lies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes have agreed to draw a line under this.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62060294&postcount=457
    lets leave it at that. Otherwise we go back and forth all day and it achieves nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

meglome wrote: »
    When you blatantly tell lies to peoples faces, when in most cases you are fully aware you're lying, then you are insulting people.

No you're not, you're lying to them. When you call someone a c**t (for example) you're insulting them. Amazed that people who claim to understand the lisbon treaty could get such a simple thing wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

No you're not, you're lying to them. When you call someone a c**t (for example) you're insulting them. Amazed that people who claim to understand the lisbon treaty could get such a simple thing wrong.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/insult
    n·sult (n-slt)
    v. in·sult·ed, in·sult·ing, in·sults
    v.tr.
    a. To treat with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness. See Synonyms at offend.
    b. To affront or demean: an absurd speech that insulted the intelligence of the audience.
    2. Obsolete To make an attack on.
    v.intr. Archaic
    1. To behave arrogantly.
    2. To give offense; offend: a speech that was intended to insult.
    n. (nslt)
    1. An offensive action or remark.
    a. Medicine A bodily injury, irritation, or trauma.
    b. Something that causes bodily injury, irritation, or trauma: "the middle of the Bronx, buffeted and poisoned by the worst environmental insults that urban America can dish out" (William K. Stevens).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I've been in a room with Ganley And he was completely misrepresenting the changes to the voting system, purposfully only mentioning half the changes just to make a BS point that it's undemocratic.
    I'm good at maths, I can work out that the net result of the votig changes post Lisbon is more democratic and I felt insulted by Ganley trying to fool us.

Incidentally at the same event, he said that if he didn't get elected he would accept that he didn't have a mandate from the people and would leave the arena. 'I'll go and plant cabagges', is more or less what he said.

Now that he sees that his lies and misdirection have lost their potency over us, he's back. I'm sure he'll have a raft of new distractions over the next few days.

If only I could get him to campaign against NAMA!!

Advertisement