Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed.

• 09-09-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hey Guys.Im looking to rent land between 10-30 acres in North Letrim area.I have tryed all the local estate agents,Daft.ie and even contacted the local mart.Unforunately im still hitting a brickwall.Nobody seems to know of anyone who is renting out their land at the moment.Im willing to pay the going rate and im a very clean tidy Sheep farmer.I will consider any type of land?Is there any database that advertises Land for Rent?any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

hi
    it not wrong time of year to be a looking--not check back..start of 2010..
    when land is normally up for rent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I have pretty much the same problem. I'm from south Leitrim and have spent the last 3 years looking for a bit of land to rent (20 to 50 acres) so that I could put it along with the OH's herd number and we could get a good reps payment on both pieces of land. Land in North Leitrim for renting is few and far between. Land in South Leitrim is even harder to find. A lot of North Leitrim men travel to our area to rent land cause they say that its impossible to find land on a long term lease up there. There's a guy that travels from Glengevlin (excuse the bad spelling) to beside me for 25 acres of the worst land in the parish. He pays good money for it too. That's over 40 miles each way every day just to look at 7 cows.

I nearly had 50 acres leased in Lanesboro last march. It was fine land, 25 miles from me, I would have passed it each day going to work, so it would have suited me. There was €4500 of an Single Payment with it, but the last bid that I put on it was €14000 and the auctioneer told me that it had sold for €16000 to someone from North Leitrim. How would you ever make the money back??? I'v given up now, cause REPS is gone.

I tried putting ads in the observer, ads in the local mart and local teagasc office, but I got nothing. A few people rang me but really only wanted to see who I was. You will need to keep your ear to the ground and put the word out there at marts and teagasc meetings that you want to rent this land. I suspect that with teh bad summer, there will be less demand on land for rent next year.

Best of luck anyway.

Advertisement