Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modern Family [** SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Latest episode was good. The ending between Claire & Hayley very sweet and realistic indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought it was average enough..

.. noticed Bryan Cranston (aka Walter White) directed it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

I thought it was ok. Cam and Mitchell with the loudspeaker was pretty funny, and Luke promising no taxes made me smile. His reasoning is perfect too

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

"I'd rather take her for a spin, let's get her top down and see what she can do"

"Manny: I don't like the sound of that. A lot of amenities disappear when an H turns into an M! Jay: Hey when I met you, you were eating cereal out of a bucket." I laughed at that!

The latest one was ok, Phil and Luke on the rollercoaster was funny. Don't know why Dylan is there again though, never found him funny.

• Advertisement

They're dead right to get whatever they can from the studios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They're dead right to get whatever they can from the studios.
    They signed a contract and they should honour it. I'm all for stars negotiating bigger salaries when their contracts come up for renewal, but to file a lawsuit and bring production to a halt like they have is unprofessional and greedy.

All the Emmy love going to their heads it seems.

phasers wrote: »
    They signed a contract and they should honour it. I'm all for stars negotiating bigger salaries when their contracts come up for renewal, but to file a lawsuit and bring production to a halt like they have is unprofessional and greedy.

All the Emmy love going to their heads it seems.

If they're found in breach of contract I'm sure they'll regret it but there's rules and laws in place to prevent cases like this when long and ultimately inappropriate contracts are signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

They actually do have a leg to stand on as the contract is for season 7 and due to the way tv production works that would mean its a contract of more than 7 years which according to california law is illegal.
    When you look at the fact that the Big Bang Theory stars just renogogiated to 200k an episode for a show that has seriously dropped in quality in comparison to Modern Family, a show which could be argued hit its prime in season 3, probably has a much broader appeal than the latter and whos stars are only getting 65k an episode, it really is a no brainer and i hope they get what they deserve to be paid in this case.
    Also i hate Fox execs so anything that causes them problems makes me happy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Modern Family is guaranteed 7 seasons?

Modern Family is guaranteed 7 seasons?

No but they're contracts lock them in IF it makes 7 seasons

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

VinLieger wrote: »
    No but they're contracts lock them in IF it makes 7 seasons

That's a bit weird. They're tied to their side of a contract but the employer is not?

That's a bit weird. They're tied to their side of a contract but the employer is not?

Contracts that long apparently aren't allowed for the simple reason that they can end up being unfair and only towards the performers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 4 airs tonight.

Good start to the new series. Plenty of laughs, a nice shake up to the routine and Phil was once again the highlight. That final scene of his partially shaved beard was one of the comedic moments of the year. Really looking forward to the rest of the season.

Meh.. didn't think much of it tbh.

They're slowly turning Phil into Homer Simpson - just downright stupid for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I thought it was great :) liked how they didn't gloss over the whole not getting a baby thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I thought that was the best episode in a while. Towards the end of Season Three it was starting to get dull but this episode was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

That felt more like a series finale than a season opener!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Season 4 airs tonight.

Where is this on

Where is this on
    In the US...

.. starts next Friday on Sky1 as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Basq wrote: »
    In the US...

Does indeed, along with the middle as part of sky 1's comedy friday line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

In the US...

yay back tomorrow night on sky one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

So is this weekly or biweekly? Can't find episdoe 2 anywhere at the moment

Grimebox wrote: »
    So is this weekly or biweekly? Can't find episdoe 2 anywhere at the moment
    No new episode this week.. back next week!

Bad form after being back for a week IMO.

No new episode this week.. back next week!

Bad form after being back for a week IMO.

Yeah ill never understand the US networks ridiculous haphazard way of showing popular series

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yeah ill never understand the US networks ridiculous haphazard way of showing popular series
    Yep, while breaks are understandable (they need to spread out a 22 / 23 episode season over 8 months / 36 weeks), having a one week break after 1 episode is just silly.

Though we can blame the Presidential Debate for it... that's it.. I'm definitely not voting Romney now!

Yep, while breaks are understandable (they need to spread out a 22 / 23 episode season over 8 months / 36 weeks), having a one week break after 1 episode is just silly.

Though we can blame the Presidential Debate for it... that's it.. I'm definitely not voting Romney now!

Exactly i can understand a christmas break etc but stuff like this crops up regularly for some of my favorite us shows where randomly its just not shown that week for a bizarre reason

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Yeah it can be very annoying, New Girl was ridiculous for it last season but can't really complain about it to much this week because it was because of the debate.

Just wait till Criminal Minds starts and watch how they air it one week, take a weeks break, air the next episode, take a two week break, air it two weeks running followed by another break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

There's two episodes on next week. Just a heads up.

I want that book! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

http://blog.rosenberg-watt.com:8019/

I was wondering myself would it pop up on Amazon,like Roger Sterling's book. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Not a real man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That Phil's-osophies book was brilliant. Love the lines at the end, and the reactions of them

Loved the war of words between Cam and the lesbians! :D

Some of the acting in this show is great. You can see why they did so well at the emmys. Cam I agree was very funny. Phil and Claire's sadness at leaving Haley is very well done.
    Two episodes is great, another one for tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Episode 3 for me was the show back to it's very best (ie. season 1 brilliant) - hope it keeps that standard up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Jacksquat wrote: »
    Some of the acting in this show is great. You can see why they did so well at the emmys. Cam I agree was very funny. Phil and Claire's sadness at leaving Haley is very well done.
    Two episodes is great, another one for tonight!

I really really enjoyed episode 2 (will watch ep 3 tonight). I felt so sorry for Phil and Claire when they where in the car and also for Hayley.

Cam and the lesbians was so funny and I loved when Mitchell answered the question as to "Why are gays so sarcastic" "Its a coping mecanism" :D

Im definately getting Phils osophies book for Christmas

• Advertisement

Really great return to form after the enjoyable but unspectacular first episode. Every single moment that Phil was onscreen was great and Phil's-osophy was absolutely genius. Really want a leather bound copy of the book.

Ep 3 wasn't quite as good as 2 but it was still pretty good. No real stand out moments but still entertaining. I hope they keep the season going strong

Decent if unexceptional episode this week. A few good laughs but it lacked the magic that makes the show such a modern classics. That said that this week has been a poor week for all the sitcoms. Pretty much everyone of them aired their weakest episode this season to date over the past few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

it lacked the magic

/snigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I laughed out loud at the kid disappearing in a puff of smoke

It wasn't the best again but still provided a few laughs. I was wondering why Sarah Hyland got so little screen time and looked her up. Was surprised to read she had a kidney transplant this year and tries to stay as inactive as she can during scenes apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Lily is usually useless, but I thought she was great in that episode. The look on her face when she janked the plug out of the wall was brilliant.
    It wasn't the best again but still provided a few laughs. I was wondering why Sarah Hyland got so little screen time and looked her up. Was surprised to read she had a kidney transplant this year and tries to stay as inactive as she can during scenes apparently.

I was wondering the same. She was always one of my favourites (not just because she is hot :p) and has been missed.

That Halloween costume of Claire's was brilliant! They always seem to do something quite funny in the last scene of each episode, Manny and his friend made me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Manny and his friend made me laugh

I loved the Angel vs Devil battling conscience part earlier.

mrkite77 wrote: »
    I loved the Angel vs Devil battling conscience part earlier.

Yea, I thought that was brilliant too

• Advertisement
Advertisement