Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracksuit Pants & Hoodies

Options
  • 09-09-2009 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭

Is this the official uniform for male UCD students, or what? I have just started in UCD and the place seems to be awash with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Cool, where can I pick up such a uniform?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Pat Patterson sells them, but the daring can find free ones in the treasure chest at the bottom of the secret lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

For all the stick D4s get they do pick the most comfortable clothes. Honestly. I'm not a hoody guy, but Caterburys are savage, and although I haven't worn them in like 4 years, dubes are pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

If you're a male UCD student and not fat, and wearing Abercrombie & Fitch or Canterbury tracksuits you're in the wrong college and should apply quickly for a transfer to DCU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

errlloyd wrote: »
    For all the stick D4s get they do pick the most comfortable clothes. Honestly. I'm not a hoody guy, but Caterburys are savage, and although I haven't worn them in like 4 years, dubes are pretty good too.
    the d4 girls dont pick the best clothes, high heels and minis/belts cant be that comfy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Cool, where can I pick up such a uniform?

On your J1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

What would you prefer them to wear?

Does it bother you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Fad wrote: »

Does it bother you?

It is a bit weird that so many many people wear almost the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Actually where do you pick up UCD hoodies?

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »

Does it bother you?

No, I just tend to notice little patterns like this.
    Tom65 wrote: »
    It is a bit weird that so many many people wear almost the exact same thing.

Yeah. Something is afoot...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah those comfy clothes, youd have to be mad to wear them!

Its not just UCD, everywhere lads in their late teens-early 20's wear hoodies and trackys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Is this the official uniform for male UCD students, or what? I have just started in UCD and the place seems to be awash with them.

The real questioin here is , why are you not in the pub?

Sheeesh

*shakes head*

Students these days..

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

sorry Gok Wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wear a hoody but with jeans so I stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I wear a hoody but with jeans so I stand out.

Ghetto:pac::pac:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yeah those comfy clothes, youd have to be mad to wear them!

Its not just UCD, everywhere lads in their late teens-early 20's wear hoodies and trackys.

1) Yup, they look comfy. But if I saw all of my peers wearing them and only them, I would forego the comfort.

2) Also true, but UCD has a much higher concentration, I find. Even when compared to other Unis I have visited. Just an observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I think its weird too. I'm old though so that might have something to do with it. Also, the orange people - lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Oh and the orange people - lol

Yes... UCD is quite the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The UCD male regularly partakes in athletic ventures so thus must be attired accordingly. Our strikingly well endowed and beautifully maintained bodies are testament to this fact. Hoodys and tracksuit bottoms are therefore fulfilling a necessary function, i.e. we are always ready for a sporting activity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The UCD male regularly partakes in athletic ventures so thus must be attired accordingly. Our strikingly well endowed and beautifully maintained bodies are testament to this fact. Hoodys and tracksuit bottoms are therefore fulfilling a necessary function, i.e. we are always ready for a sporting activity

I dont wear poncy expensive tracksuits like most of the D4's but when casually attired one can jump into a game of football if asked. I have played many a game and with UCD's vast playing fields there is always a bitta 5 a side going on.

There is truth in what you say.

ucd is like a massive version of the institute:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Why not just wear shorts?

I'm glad to see that the primary reason for attending university is being prioritised.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Why so upset OP? Rather see them wearing shorts?

think people are taking this a bit seriously. think the op was just commenting on how most the guys in ucd are like clones of one another

I never said I was upset, Chuckster. Nor have I implied that. On reviewing the thread, I find my manner to be quite neutral. Perhaps the "upsetness" you see is merely a reflection on the screen?

:)

leesmom wrote: »
    think people are taking this a bit seriously. think the op was just commenting on how most the guys in ucd are like clones of one another

Yup, that's it. Don't get me started on the hair-dos.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

He's angry because they are copy-cat lemmings

• Advertisement

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    He's angry because they are copy-cat lemmings

Ah now, I'm not angry. I like the term you used, though. Make the hair "surfer blonde" and the heads aren't far wrong. :)

lemmings-psp.jpg

Advertisement