Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracksuit Pants & Hoodies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

DCU is for UCD students with dyslexia

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

Yup, that's it. Don't get me started on the hair-dos.

;)
    which the girls who backcomb their hair so it looks like they slept in a bush?:confused: or the guys, tbh havent noticed the guys hair(s?) :pac: its just like groups of guys lining the pathways that look the same, dont care to look as far as their hair:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Fad wrote: »
    What would you prefer them to wear?

I was thinking of something along these lines:
    picture.php?albumid=729&pictureid=3798

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

In fairness this is like giving out about everyone wearing jeans!

El Siglo wrote: »
    I was thinking of something along these lines:
    picture.php?albumid=729&pictureid=3798
    the guys??:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Jev/N wrote: »
    In fairness this is like giving out about everyone wearing jeans!

I'm not sure where everyone is getting the idea of me giving out or being angry. I'm just making an observation in that 95% of male UCD students look identical. If anything, I'm kind of impressed by this spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I heard people wear socks too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

leesmom wrote: »
    the guys??:eek:

But of course!
    And here's something I was thinking of for the ladies...
    picture.php?albumid=729&pictureid=3800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

the d4 girls do pick the best clothes, high heels and minis/belts cant be that comfy:D

FYP.

think people are taking this a bit seriously. think the op was just commenting on how most the guys in ucd are like clones of one another

Hadn't noticed it myself, but the majority of guys would be a lot more comfortable in tracksuit + hoody instead of jeans. I'm surprised he doesn't think that.
    I never said I was upset, Chuckster. Nor have I implied that. On reviewing the thread, I find my manner to be quite neutral. Perhaps the "upsetness" you see is merely a reflection on the screen?

:)

Well obviously you're not upset but it clearly irks you. If it didn't you wouldnt of started this thread.

Well obviously you're not upset but it clearly irks you. If it didn't you wouldnt of started this thread.

I wouldn't say it irks me. More like a case of mild intrigue, than anything.

Is that ok?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Is that ok?

No.

why are people getting offended by this thread? is it because they are part of the D4 brigade? its cool to be D4:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I go with jeans and a hoodie with the added addition of a popped collar just to show my awesomeness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Is that ok?

Fair enough. You might want to work on expressing mild intrigue though. If you do it in a really sarcastic way like you did in the OP and your second post then people won't get confused about you being irked by something instead of midly intrigued.
    Chet T16 wrote: »
    I go with jeans and a hoodie with the added addition of a popped collar just to show my awesomeness

4_popped-collars_cool.jpg

why are people getting offended by this thread? is it because they are part of the D4 brigade? its cool to be D4:pac::pac:

Or worse, the wanna-D4's!

:eek:

4_popped-collars_cool.jpg

Its pink day tomorrow!

Pinkshirt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I can't say that I've noticed any dress sense but I've never noticed that sort of thing. However, I do think everybody looks pretty much the same. I put that down to me not being very good at noticing people's distinguishing facial feaures.

Personally I wear a hoody and a pair of jeans every day because I just don't care enough to spend more than 30 seconds getting dressed. People who express themselves through their appearance are morally wrong. It's very technical, not explaining how.

Though this thread has reminded me that I need to go get a haircut sometime soon.

Davidius wrote: »
    However, I do think everybody looks pretty much the same.

I feel this is true but i put it down to me being a "mature" student (29)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

tbh I would be too busy looking at the girls to even notice there are other lads in UCD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If you really want to see awesomeness go with the hoodie, jeans AND a leather jacket over the hoodie. So cool people next to you will actually start to shiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

the d4 girls dont pick the best clothes, high heels and minis/belts cant be that comfy:D

I know this is from page one, but honestly wtf.

High heels and minis are not associated with D4 at all. D4 girls wear Uggs/Decks and Jeans/Cantos with A&F or American Eagle guys hoodies and whatever tops go low and hug tight enough for them.

In my books, comfortable (but expensive) clothing. Stereotype all you like, but please get the stereotype right.

I am going to go back and say, Caterbury's are the highest quality tracksuit type bottoms available (though not anymore), polos are airy light and comfortable teeshirts. And Golfs are the best hot hatchback car around. All this comes at a price, so what if people who live in D4 can afford it.

I don't live in D4, I live in D18, so I have the cants, but not the polos or the golf. (Ironically most people who can't afford a golf do get a polo)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

errlloyd wrote: »

High heels and minis are not associated with D4 at all. D4 girls wear Uggs/Decks and Jeans/Cantos with A&F or American Eagle guys hoodies and whatever tops go low and hug tight enough for them.

I dunno, once they get past a certain age, they tend to start dressing as if they have a second X chromosome........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Fad your going to have to forgive me, don't do science, didn't do LC bio. I know we have a Y and they don't or something like that, but no idea what Xs do.

I was annoyed, tbh Highheel mini skirt to me fits a completely different stereotype and shows people from the country have a complete inability to distinguish between dubliners.

Then again, today I asked a masters girl from Limerick if she was in first year law, desperately trying to save myself I asked was she from Belfast...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I am going to go back and say, Caterbury's are the highest quality tracksuit type bottoms available (though not anymore), polos are airy light and comfortable teeshirts. And Golfs are the best hot hatchback car around. All this comes at a price, so what if people who live in D4 can afford it.
    Well a few good teeshirts and a tracksuit is hardly breaking the bank.

I sometimes find it strange how its kind of a unique style to Dublin, like wealthy New York and London teens dress in a similar way to each other but nothing like this. For example I havent seen one pair of dubs or anything similar in Paris, New York, London etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Its good, Irish creating our own fashion sense. Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

In my books, comfortable (but expensive) clothing. Stereotype all you like, but please get the stereotype right.

I don't live in D4, I live in D18, so I have the cants, but not the polos or the golf. (Ironically most people who can't afford a golf do get a polo)
    I'll be honest with you. I don't have any idea what most of those things are. I can't help but feel as if you made them up for no apparent reason.

And as is the general theme of my posts, knowing those things makes you less of a person than me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

This thread has been so gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Kournikova wrote: »
    For example I havent seen one pair of dubs or anything similar in Paris, New York, London etc.

Well there are certainly loads in Dublin :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Uruguay

• Advertisement

gay_called.jpg

Advertisement