Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Phone Rental

Options
  • 09-09-2009 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm chartering a yacht to the Antarctic peninsula this January and will be making trips to the mainland for trekking and mountaineering. We will require a satellite phone for keeping contact with our vessel. A quick Google search uncovers a lot of websites offering satellite phone rental, although anything I can find seem to be American or UK sites quoting prices in dollars or sterling. Has anybody rented a satellite phone before and have any advice to give? Are there any companies in Ireland offering such a service?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Why not just convert to euro using xe.com, just cause its in sterling or dollars it isn't a big deal as long as they'll ship to where you want it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Well thats the thing, they might not ship to where I want it. I went through most of the order process just now for the website of a UK satellite phone rental company, they didn't allow the choice of shipment to anything outside the UK :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

How long will you need it for and how much is the rental likely to cost from a UK provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Would you not be better off just buying one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mobell

Hi Sev

I apologise if I'm abusing the forum's rules, but you seem to be stuck for a supplier and I thought I could help you out. :)

Mobell are based in the UK and even though our online ordering won't take orders from outside the UK, you can still place one with us over the phone.

Please get in touch with us if you're interested on +44 1543 426999 or lookup our email details on our website http://www.mobell.co.uk.

Cheers

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Hi Al,

I would hope that nobody would get too upset that you may have broken the forum rules, because unlike every other reply so far, your post was actually helpful!

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it!

Steve

Advertisement