Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place for Baby Clothes?

• 09-09-2009 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Family member is due next month and I want to get some really special little clothes for the baby, she's a girl and I'd love to get her some super cute clothes. Could anyone recommend somewhere good online to look? Don't mind if it's a bit more expensive!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Not online, but TK Maxx always have super cute baby clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I know its hard to resist buying baby clothes but you shouldnt really spend too much money because they grow out of them so quickly! When my best friend had her baby I was hard pushed to not buy something in Tommy Hilfiger! and again the last day when we went in and we wandered into the baby section she point blank refused to let me get him anything! Its a lovely idea but just not practical!

However! If you do stray...and since its a girl...Monsoon have the cuuuuuutest stuff for girls!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Buy stuff from 3 months and up. It'll be cold then too, so cosy winter bits would be nice. My cousin was born at the end of summer and got so many light dresses that weren't warm enough and couldn't be worn the next year, obviously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Next are great for baby stuff, my sister swears by them for my nephew.

The girl's selection is even bigger and so cute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Its not on line bute the Ralph Lauren store in Kildare village have some great stuff and really good pricewise. I would buy a size bibber than normal as the clothes can be small. Also try the Exit brand, Fab and good price. Think they are on line but if you let me know where you live I can see if I can let you know the nearest store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

www.asos.com have a kids section with baby clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

ive seen really adorable baby clothes in dunnes, wouldnt have thought to go there only id passed them. next also has some nice 1s and adams.

i worked in adams for a bit, the amount of returned baby clothes we got :rolleyes: as someone mentioned buy bigger than newborn but buy for the correct season. eg. dont buy a summer dress aged 3-6months for a newborn baby cause itll be the middle of winter when she fits into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Thanks for all the great help ladies!

I found this online.....it's expensive but it's so damn cute for winter, should I resist???

http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-fur-star-pramsuit/s0005939/type-s/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Thats really cute!!!
    Baby would be really snug in that.

Next is great. If it was me I'd buy 3-6months.. buy something red so baby can wear around xmas.. like a nice coat?? Next have some lovely stuff in at moment op. Website is not up to date thou!

Twee. wrote: »
    Buy stuff from 3 months and up. It'll be cold then too, so cosy winter bits would be nice. My cousin was born at the end of summer and got so many light dresses that weren't warm enough and couldn't be worn the next year, obviously!

Have to disagree with this one slightly, everyone always buys stuff from 3-6 months or above and they sit in the wardrobe and alot of it never gets worn. Buy new baby or 0-3 month stuff and keep it comfy. Babies shouldn't be left (imo) lying in prams with jeans on for example - I wouldn't want to lie in my bed with jeans on!! Cutsie babygrows are the way to go really. They will be used and appreciated more than anything else.

I do agree with twee though that if you are buying bigger sizes, bear in mind what season it will be when the baby can actually wear them!

Try mini boden @ www.boden.co.uk - SUPER CUTE!!!

• Advertisement

Linguo wrote: »
    Thanks for all the great help ladies!

I found this online.....it's expensive but it's so damn cute for winter, should I resist???

http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-fur-star-pramsuit/s0005939/type-s/

I would LOVE one of those for myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭baybike

If it's a family member and you're looking to spend a bit of money on the baby then why don't you ask them what they need. My family and friends all got me things like sterilizer, bouncy chair, walker. It saved us a fortune and we got great use out of everything that was bought...whereas, as mentioned here, a lot of the clothes we were given as presents never got worn.

Good points all round, think I'll have a chat with her and see if there's anything else she needs cause she's only young and doesn't have a lot of cash! I would DEFO buy one of those snug all in ones for myself if they did them in my size....be perfect all over Christmas!!! I'll check out Next and asos and she if there's anything cheaper but equally cute!

Linguo wrote: »
    Good points all round, think I'll have a chat with her and see if there's anything else she needs cause she's only young and doesn't have a lot of cash! I would DEFO buy one of those snug all in ones for myself if they did them in my size....be perfect all over Christmas!!! I'll check out Next and asos and she if there's anything cheaper but equally cute!

Slightly off topic but they did actually do onsies for grown ups in penneys a few weeks ago! My mammy bought me one as I've always said if they did them in my size I'd love them and I was right I LOVE IT!!!

I think they're gone from penneys now though :(

Damn my mam always said she'd get me one if she saw it too lol!:D

I'll have to keep a look out, I'd love one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Maybe not what you have in mind but I've gifted loads of Hairy Baby tshirts and onesies. Plus they're kinda funny :pac:

Ha they're cool!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Noa Noa have some lovely stuff but fairly pricy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Why don't you go off the clothes side of things and get something nice in silver? I got SOOO many clothes for DS and he didnt wear the half of them but i did return them for different things, but my bro got a silver keep sake box and silver knife,fork and spoon and thought it was by far the best pressie as didn't get anything else like it and some thought went into it.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

was in tk maxx the other day and the baby stuff in there the greatest , they did have the cutest roxy runners for 15euro :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The buggy suit is lovely but for a girl this means you can't wear dress underneath!

I know it's a bit silly but I deal with loads of returns every day and some reasons just stick in your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

on
    was in tk maxx the other day and the baby stuff in there the greatest , they did have the cutest roxy runners for 15euro :D

Which tk maxx?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

the one in the retil park in drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Next do lovely baby clothes but they're pricey! Penneys and Dunnes do great stuff aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

What baby doesn't need a cool onesie?

http://kids.threadless.com/catalog/babies

I love threadless kids stuff, have in the past bought mammy and baby a matching onesie and tshirt combo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭gavney

My brother's gf is having a baby soon. He bought most of his stuff in Guiney's. Not really clothes though- sleepsuits, a buggy etc... that sort of stuff. His gf seemed very chuffed with all the stuff anyway!

What baby doesn't need a cool onesie?

http://kids.threadless.com/catalog/babies

I love threadless kids stuff, have in the past bought mammy and baby a matching onesie and tshirt combo :)

these are so cute:D when we have a baby we're gonna get stuff from here

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

Go to

www.thebabyroom.ie

Great unique clothes and baby stuff.

Worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Styleiser

• Advertisement
Advertisement