Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinkemeier vs De Wolfe

Options

Comments

Onsberg wrote: »
    Opinions on 1) the angle shot by Reinkemeier and 2) the mistake by De Wolfe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr2agX80ZyE

Wow, that's disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭platypus

Angleshoot pretty disgraceful imo

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Onsberg

and finally the bluff-call works!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

What does Reinkemeier do wrong apart from call???????

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Wow, that's disgusting

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Horrible fcuker but you should always just show your cards.
    Just turn them over if i was Roland id have knocked him out.

Wombatman wrote: »

Action is over and he knows he's beat and doesn't throw the hand away in hopes that De Wolfe will do it without showing both cards.

If the german throws away his hand De Wolfe will need to show both cards anyway, so the only reason he is holding on to his cards is to make De Wolfe muck the his hand.

It's clever and maybe a bit "too clever".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Technically- nothing, as far as I can see. That doesn't excuse his actions in the hand though. Despicable fcuking idiot, imo. But DeWolfe should know better than to touch his hand into the muck, even after declaring.

Action is over and he knows he's beat.
    Why did he call then? Sick read?

He calls so it is up to De Wolfe to show first. De Wolfe doesn't want to give away info. so he mucks.

I feel like I'm missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Technically he did not break any rules but poker ethics really got a kick in the arse here as well as manners and a sense of fair play.

De wolfe is around a long time and seems like a good skin and of course he should just turn his hand up but after the guys call on the river he has to think hes behind and he held his composure remarkably well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jaysus

sickpuppy wrote: »
    Technically he did not break any rules but poker ethics really got a kick in the arse here as well as manners and a sense of fair play.

De wolfe is around a long time and seems like a good skin and of course he should just turn his hand up but after the guys call on the river he has to think hes behind and he held his composure remarkably well.

Not sure about that. De Wolfe clearly mucked and then claimed he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mdiver

It was very dirty, pushing gamesmanship over the edge, he knew exactly what he was doing. DeWolfe made a massive mistake, but it won't happen to him again. I jusy wonder how many players will see this and try to copy it. It won't be many but it will become common. It is a total lack of eitiquette. I recommend a 6 month worldwide ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

He calls so it is up to De Wolfe to show first. De Wolfe doesn't want to give away info. so he mucks.

Ah come on, there's a lot more to it than that. De Wolfe may have only shown one card, but it was enough for Reinkemeier to know he was beaten. De Wolfe then said a couple of times that he had K-high, yet the tosser still waits for De Wolfe to make the mistake of mucking. Terrible poker etiquette.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is you man insisting that wolfe shows his 2 cards? and then de wolfe just folds?
    or what exactly happens there?

I was always under the impression that if say Tobias wants to see de wolfe cards, that they are still live, but if another playe asks to see them that they first touch the muck (so they are dead) and then are exposed, - fairly sure this is a rule, but i don't speak german so don't have a clue what he said.

Edit: The dealer exposes de wolfe's cards as well which would appear that tobias wanted to see them - therefore they can't be dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jaymo888

thats sick never seen anything like that before. yea roland clearly mucked alright and just showed the king of clubs making out he had the flush draw.

You are missing the fact that De Wolfe shows (after announcing) a king and thereby have the better hand no matter the second card. Reikemeier is fully aware that De Wolfe holds the winning hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

the german guy makes a good bluff call and waits for the idiot (who should have figured out that something was up) to fold

germany 1 england 0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Opinions on 1) the angle shot by Reinkemeier and 2) the mistake by De Wolfe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr2agX80ZyE

1) Horrible angleshoot, coupled with the fistpump would make me want to wait for this guy outside and smash his head in.

2) He declares and shows king-high and presumes he's beat. Not wanting to lose any more face, he pushes his cards into the muck. Meh i've done this before.

3) The dealer. This guy is an idiot. Why does he dive on De Wolfe's cards before he pushes then right into muck, and turn them over? If De Wolfe wants to muck, he should have been allowed, but the dealer turning the hand over only added to the problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

This scumbag was planning the angleshoot from the moment he called IMO

He is not only refusing to turn his hand he is trying and succeeding in gaming DeWolfe into mucking his.

I think the dealer has made a mess of it as he has actively prevented Roland from mucking and turned over his cards, IMO that should keep them live.

This cnut should be blackballed and left outside to play with yer man Poole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

He is not only refusing to turn his hand he is trying and succeeding in gaming DeWolfe into mucking his.

I think the dealer has made a mess of it as he has actively prevented Roland from mucking and turned over his cards, IMO that should keep them live.

I agree with the above. JP/Neil/Stephen/Connie, if you read this how would you rule this one?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

You are missing the fact that De Wolfe shows (after announcing) a king and thereby have the better hand no matter the second card. Reikemeier is fully aware that De Wolfe holds the winning hand.

after showing one card does not mean he wins as i said before u have to show both to win which is what happened .

after showing the king de,wolfe placed both cards under the burned cards then the other player turned over his Q6 at which wolfe and the dealer both went to the mucked cards the td was called over and his ruling was de.wolfe cards were dead and awarded the pot to reikemeier .

i think it was angleshooting by reikemeier but lesson learned by de.wolfe i say no matter what cards u have or how much a fool u might think u be they could still be the best hd show always nu never know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

de Wolfe's cards clearly touch the muck and are dead, the dealer is right to turn them over as the other dude called and requested to see de Wolfe's hand. Total angle-shoot fromn yer man and well out of order, but he didn't do anything against the laws of the game and comparisons with Poole are a little harsh imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

Wreck wrote: »
    de Wolfe's cards clearly touch the muck and are dead, the dealer is right to turn them over as the other dude called and requested to see de Wolfe's hand. Total angle-shoot fromn yer man and well out of order, but he didn't do anything against the laws of the game and comparisons with Poole are a little harsh imo.

sry but your wrong there if reikemeier wanted to see the cards after they were mucked they become live again .
    he wanted de.wolfe to muck both of his cards because he could not beat them if both were turned up . which is what happened when de.wolfe placed his cards under the burned cards having only shown the K ONLY .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

Respect to De Wolfe for not losing it, even in the interview after he was calm, i would have went nuts. The way the german slammed his cards on the table proud of himself, is so tilting.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd have completely lost it when the German slammed his cards on the table. Its a clear angle shoot and it should not be allowed, the fact that Roland showed a king and the German knew he was beat means the German is way out of order imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

corkie123 wrote: »
    after showing one card does not mean he wins as i said before u have to show both to win which is what happened .

after showing the king de,wolfe placed both cards under the burned cards then the other player turned over his Q6 at which wolfe and the dealer both went to the mucked cards the td was called over and his ruling was de.wolfe cards were dead and awarded the pot to reikemeier .

i think it was angleshooting by reikemeier but lesson learned by de.wolfe i say no matter what cards u have or how much a fool u might think u be they could still be the best hd show always nu never know
    corkie123 wrote: »
    sry but your wrong there if reikemeier wanted to see the cards after they were mucked they become live again . he wanted de.wolfe to muck both of his cards because he could not beat them if both were turned up . which is what happened when de.wolfe placed his cards under the burned cards having only shown the K ONLY .

I think you need to look at the clip again. De Wolfe went to place both his cards under the muck, he didn't get 25% there when the dealer forcefully stopped him, grabbed the cards & was turning them over at the same time as the German so there was no question of going back to the muck for the cards.

If De Wolfes cards were turned over & are then live why was he not awarded the pot.

IMO this is one of the worst rulings I have ever seen in poker & I know JP & Kelly & other TD's keep talking about decisions in the "interest of fairness". Well that was not considered in this decision. Cards should talk at all times & De Wolfe clearly turned over the winning card & he should have been awarded the pot as his cards NEVER left his hand when touching the muck.

I think it is despicable for the other player to even consider taking this pot & I don't care what level the're playing at. How does he sleep at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Guy is cheating, plain and simple,

If this happened at a table here there would be fcuking war!!!

DeWolfe showed a lot of class in the interview after wishing yer man luck, id be wishing death on his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

De Wolfe showed him K high and if he was paying attention he would have noticed youre man was mucking untill the dealer tried to get de wolfe to turn over both cards, so imo he should have known that his K high was good and should have flipped them both over, also i dont think the dealer should have stopped the cards going into the muck.
    Sick angleshoot on both parts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Dirty scummy NAZI.......

The dealer clearly stopped de wolfe pushing his cards in the muck...I`d have clattered the cnut if he done that to me....

Some class shown by de wolfe in fairness...How he doesnt lose the rag i dont know...grrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Advertisement