Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinkemeier vs De Wolfe

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Reinkemeier... Trippie in disguise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

aodea wrote: »
    If i have called someone i will make them turn over there hand because even if i have them beat i want to see there hand.

QUOTE]

This itself is considered pretty poor etiquette in poker unless I am mistaken.

AKQJ10 wrote: »
    Reinkemeier... Trippie in disguise?

Pretty sure he was at that ginger festival thing mentioned in BBV

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

that message from 2plus 2 is on page 3 i think pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

So i see, wp me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

QUOTE]

This itself is considered pretty poor etiquette in poker unless I am mistaken.[/quote]

yea tru but u are entitled to do this, i dont tink ur entitled to wait til a guy mucks the best hand after showin you 1 card that you no beats you and then show him he had you beat

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

499130910_3e6f138618.jpg

i hate spelling lol was never any good at it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I wasn't referring to spelling, just the text speak! U know U is YOU I bet!

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I wasn't referring to spelling, just the text speak! U know U is YOU I bet!
    lol fussy old man im sorry this upsets YOU ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Video technology for close rulings imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 TigersBunker

jbravado wrote: »
    aodea wrote: »
    If i have called someone i will make them turn over there hand because even if i have them beat i want to see there hand.

QUOTE]

This itself is considered pretty poor etiquette in poker unless I am mistaken.

No it isn't. It's in the Rules, the person who has BEEN called SHOULD/HAS to show his cards first. The person who called is only obliged to show if he wants or is asked to.

With what seems like the vast percentage of players who seem to delay showing their cards at the showdown, there may be room for some time limit being imposed on such or the hand being declared dead. Not easy to policed from a dealers point of view granted, but impose a rule that you have a certain amount of time after the river bet/raise is called. This would stop it happening so much and speed the game up for the rest.

Actually it is, while technically it is allowed it has always been considered bad etiquette to ask to see a losing hand.

I think you are missing the point.The player called would show first, irrespective, and the caller wouldn't be aware at that point whether he was in front or behind.Technically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I think you are missing the point.The player called would show first, irrespective, and the caller wouldn't be aware at that point whether he was in front or behind.Technically.

Yes. And you see De Wolfe doesn't want to show his 2 cards as he thinks he is beaten so he is edging towards mucking them.
    Reinkemeier was basically just waiting for the cards to hit the muck to turn his over. He knew exactly what he was doing in this hand.

And it is actually very poor etiquette to ask to see a losing hand. This is fairly common knowledge.

No Im not but meh no beef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

What a man.. De Wolfe's interview is like he was given the Germans last rolo. Not even a ''what he did was not nice'' when inside his reaction to the fist pump (I think he knows he f u c k e d up) must have been to push his I pod down his gob. Holding his composure like that shows why he has become such a successful player.

bantee wrote: »
    Yes. And you see De Wolfe doesn't want to show his 2 cards as he thinks he is beaten so he is edging towards mucking them.
    Reinkemeier was basically just waiting for the cards to hit the muck to turn his over. He knew exactly what he was doing in this hand.

And it is actually very poor etiquette to ask to see a losing hand. This is fairly common knowledge.

Maybe i am missing the point.There is no question of etiquette, i think you may be confusing a situation where the 2nd player in a showdown is asked to show after verbally admitting he is beaten or mucking his cards(this is where it is believed bad etiquette). The player who is called HAS to show his cards first, the caller isnt obliged to show his until AFTER this has happened. It is just down to a very common occurence these days that the CALLING playing flips his, because the called player is reluctant( as in the Dewolfe scenario).

Along similiar lines, for example, if playing online, the software will ALWAYS show the CALLED player's hand first irrespective of anything else. It is then up the CALLING player as to whether he shows or mucks. On that note, i'd say 95% of the time i am called by a worse hand Online and my opponent dosen't show, i will bring up a hand history to see what they were calling with. I suppose that means on a daily basis, multiple times, i am guilty of bad etiquette!!??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭monoP54

Perhaps poker software in the future might include an option where the winning player can force the losing players mucked cards to be exposed immediately for all to see. It could be labelled the "Put opponent on super bonus tilt" button or somesuch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

German a sly fck but its entirely De Wolfe's fault. He was asked several times by the German to show his second card, refused and then he mucked, so he was being a small bit of a dick himself.

he should have seen it coming though as the German sighs when he says K high.

I also think the TD should be allowed to give De Wolfe the pot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Brayruit

Can anyone explain why the dealer turned over DeWolfe's hand - I know this was asked a few times but I can't find an answer in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Brayruit wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why the dealer turned over DeWolfe's hand - I know this was asked a few times but I can't find an answer in the thread.
    To me it just looked like pure confusion on his part as to what he was meant to do. It's not like it was a standard situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mdiver

Whilst i think that the German was very dirty with his tactics after reading a bit more on the senario it is easy to see why he pulled this stunt. Apparantly De Wolfe had made a couple of bluffs on the river and had mucked as soon as he was called. The German has noted this and used the rules to his advantage which is a pretty clever play in the situation, cheaper to make the call than raise and not have a true read on De Wolfe's strength of hand. The rule is flawed and unfortunately such a devious move paid off. De Wolfe has made a two very bad plays on the river.

Advertisement