Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Goggles - They do NOTHING

Options
  • 09-09-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,318 ✭✭✭✭

So they passed the Robocall Law 8 days ago. But now instead of robocalls Im getting twice as many live solicitations.

:mad:

At least with a robot you knew where you stood. A meat person could be anyone and want anything. And when its at work - you cant just hang up on them.

Just an aftershock? Do you think the cost of doing Meatcalls will begin to deter these bastards or is this just another example of wet-cardboard law in action?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

"meatcalls"?
    "wet-cardboard law"?
    What the heck are you on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

RedPlanet wrote: »
    "meatcalls"?
    "wet-cardboard law"?
    Eating too much angel dust filled beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

I'm going to pay 8 english speakers $88 bucks to call you from 8 third world countries

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You know the way this isn't After Hours...?

Worth keeping in mind: this isn't the quick quips forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

and why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Simple fix: take your number off their call lists.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Matt Holck wrote: »
    and why not?
    This is a forum for reasonably intelligent comments. Call it a respite from the rest of the Internet, which is free to be filled with everything else. Not here.

yes, that's a strongly suggested moderator request, complaints by PM to me or on the Help Desk rather than in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,318 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

RedPlanet wrote: »
    "meatcalls"?
    "wet-cardboard law"?
    Not a robo call - but just as annoying, when a scripted sonnofabitch calls you up to offer bullsquat

Law that looks good on paper but does nothing in practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭c0mpliant

Overheal wrote: »
    Not a robo call - but just as annoying, when a scripted sonnofabitch calls you up to offer bullsquat

Law that looks good on paper but does nothing in practice.

I always try the Jerry Seinfeld approach whenever I get a telemarketer call me.
    "I'm in the middle of something right now, give me your home number and I'll give you a call later...oh you probably don't want someone ringing you when you're at home, well, now you know how I feel.

Advertisement