Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connection from PS3 to Projector via Onkyo 876

• 09-09-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi Boardies...hope you can give some advice with the following...

I want to connect a ps3 to a Panasonic PTAE-100 LCD Projector. The projector does not have HDMI in...only component...so can I go through an Onkyo 876 receiver via hdmi input and then output the signal thru component to the projector. Something tells me I can't but I thought I'd consult the experts first.....Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

I think not. You can't take a digital signal from PS3 and down convert it to analogue as there are implications for copy protection etc in the form of HDCP.
    You can do it the other way around and uscale from component to HDMI without much hassle.
    One of the reasons manafacturers wanted HDMI implemented in the first place!!

There is a PS3 component video cable available

finx_9bdc00ff.jpg

So you could just use that and ignore the analogue audio connections if you want digital sound and use an optical cable separately to the onkyo amp.

Hope that helps.

Homer

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PC

Cheers Homer...thanks for taking the trouble to reply...I'll certainly take on board what you've suggested...I was'nt aware of this video cable.

Thanks again
    pc

Advertisement