Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desk/Stand for Decks

• 09-09-2009 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm looking to buy a desk/stand for my boyfriends's decks as a surprise - we've moved house recently into a tiny apartment and there isn't a table big enough to set up all his gear.

I was looking at Ikea and Argos website, and most of the desks look really flimsy or else the sturdy looking ones are quite expensive.
    I was wondering does anyone know where would be a good place to pick one up at a good price - I'm quite broke!

I had a look online and came across djdeskstands.com, the most basic ones start off at approx. e110 (not including delivery, which I'd imagine would be pricey..)
    Anyone here dealt with this company, are they ok to order from?

Or can anyone recommend anywhere where I could pick one up cheaper - preferably in Dublin?
    Thanks a mill!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

PM sent. Check this thread if you like.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055640956
    I did the one for the guy who posted the original request, so you could PM him to get a review if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

That looks good, just sent you a PM there, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

you can get shelving in IKEA similar to this one only not as wide http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/images/uploads/7-23-linnarp-ikea-shelves-3.jpg for less then 50 euro, cant find the exact one but its in the IKEA brochure, place it on its side, perfect for mixer, 1210's and monitors, plus you can hold your records underneath, mate of mine did this for his decks, everything is perfect, height and length

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Ikea Expedit Bookcase or shelving unit depending on height, and Turn it on its side. Im going to buy one of these in the next couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

becah wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I'm looking to buy a desk/stand for my boyfriends's decks as a surprise - we've moved house recently into a tiny apartment and there isn't a table big enough to set up all his gear.

I was looking at Ikea and Argos website, and most of the desks look really flimsy or else the sturdy looking ones are quite expensive.
    I was wondering does anyone know where would be a good place to pick one up at a good price - I'm quite broke!

I had a look online and came across djdeskstands.com, the most basic ones start off at approx. e110 (not including delivery, which I'd imagine would be pricey..)
    Anyone here dealt with this company, are they ok to order from?

Or can anyone recommend anywhere where I could pick one up cheaper - preferably in Dublin?
    Thanks a mill!!

If you can get one made its better. Book stands are rarely deep enough or stable enough to be used as a proper stand. Might be cheap but he won't thank you for it if it wobbles

If you can get one made its better. Book stands are rarely deep enough or stable enough to be used as a proper stand. Might be cheap but he won't thank you for it if it wobbles

that IKEA one is sturdy as ****, made of really thick wood and deep enough for decks and mixer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 preamp

Hi, Ive bought myself one of these Kam deckstands from hard to find records, a bit pricey but are worth the money. Theyve more than enough room for everything

www.htfr.com/more-info/MR244969

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Hey guys,
    Thanks for all the info and advice, I think I'm gonna go for a custom one to be made by Daroxtar, hopefully it'll keep himself happy :)
    I'll post a pic when it's finito, thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

preamp wrote: »
    Hi, Ive bought myself one of these Kam deckstands from hard to find records, a bit pricey but are worth the money. Theyve more than enough room for everything

www.htfr.com/more-info/MR244969
    A "bit" pricey????? £229.00 excluding delivery. You must have money to burn mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Might be cheap but he won't thank you for it if it wobbles

if he's into dubstep he'll be used to a bit of wobble :p

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

Got this last week in ikea
    deckstand.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nice. Wait till I get my own place.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

b.c wrote: »
    Got this last week in ikea
    deckstand.jpg
    Nice! Is that one whole unit or two together? The top part looks separate. Do you know the name of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Think its from the expedit range, either the bookcase or shelving unit, I bought the Lack bookcase last week and it looks great + a bargain for 95e.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

Expedit bookcase and top is the lack tv stand!:D

Advertisement