Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Dawkins is coming to the RDS next week!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 barkis

Just back in Dublin and I missed the deadline for the tickets. :mad: I'm a big Dawkins fan. Don't suppose anyone has a spare ticket (or two) going? I'd be willing to pay. I'd gladly exchange my soul for a ticket.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

As much as I enjoy Dawkins, I won't be going near anything Tubs touches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

My attendance is like an abacus; you can count on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ironingbored

adamd164 wrote: »
    Wonder which of the CCL-apologists he'll be debating on the Late Late this time - John Waters?

I will gladly join Opus Dei if someone promises to lock John Waters up for the duration of Dawkins' visit to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Lads, does anyone have any extra tickets? I missed the friday deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think I heard over the weekend that Dawkins was going to be on the Late Late next Friday.

Could be wrong - but it would make sense given he's in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dades wrote: »
    I think I heard over the weekend that Dawkins was going to be on the Late Late next Friday.

Could be wrong - but it would make sense given he's in Ireland.

It'd be interesting to see how Tubridy handles him

Galvasean wrote: »
    With a bit of luck there'll be some loons in the audience too that communicate with angels and stuff. :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

If they do that thing again where Dawkins needs to debate with some god-botherer for "balance", instead of just doing a standard fúcking interview I'm going to be pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Following on from The Irish Times Offer a few days back.

Just got an SMS:

FREE MESSAGE. Your name will be on the door guest list for Richard Dawkins @ the RDS on Thursday.

Sender: Free Text

Obviously, no tickets then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

any possibility of getting in on the night or picking up a ticket arounf the venue?
    Just got an SMS a few minutes ago saying that my "name will be on the door guest list for Richard Dawkins @ the RDS on Thursday".

I'd imagine that a few people won't manage to make it, so it's probably worth showing up on Thursday evening and seeing if it's possible to get in.

I just received the same text, about my name being on the door for Thursday... I thought it was Tuesday? I wasn't going to be able to go for Tuesday, but now that it's Thursday it's perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

[prints out list of common name\surname combinations, then off to Bargain Alerts]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm hoping this confirmation of names on the guest list includes a +1 since I will be a +1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

85% of tickets were bought up by creationist hecklers from Bray, Limerick and Lifford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

mewso wrote: »
    I'm hoping this confirmation of names on the guest list includes a +1 since I will be a +1.

Yeah I really hope so too. What time does the show kick off at?

If there is that many creationists Ill enjoy booing them just as much as listening to the talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I got a confirmation text of being on the guest list. Yippie.

So maybe I'll see some of you there? There's a picture of me in the A&A beers thread; I'll be wearing a stetson hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Galvasean wrote: »

I'm sorry but it won't. Turbidy is a god awful (NPI) presenter.

I just got that same text re: name on door, is this a +1? I thought it originally said 'pair of tickets'?
    Anyone know what time this kicks off at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Anyone know at what time this is starting? I can't find the event on the RDS website.

edit: Whoops, just noticed the post above mine. Well, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

stevejazzx wrote: »
    is this a +1? I thought it originally said 'pair of tickets'?
    My original response message said "Thanks for entering! You have been allocated a pair of tickets which you will receive soon!"

Two tickets it is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

tubridy is hosting this oh ****

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

tubridy is hosting this oh ****

don't think so. Tubirdy has him on the Late Late show on Friday - i am fairly certain that is the reason Tubirdy is being talked about.

Anyone know what time this actually starts at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

don't think so. Tubirdy has him on the Late Late show on Friday - i am fairly certain that is the reason Tubirdy is being talked about.

Anyone know what time this actually starts at?

Is Dawkins on the Late Late on Friday? How do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

liamw wrote: »
    Tubridy said it last week, allegedly

liamw wrote: »
    Last week while was interviewing John Hurt and his (monk!) brother, John Hurt quipped about being an agnostic and about how actors and clergy have a lot in common and Tubridy remarked how he thought "Richard Dawkins was on next week".

http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/20090911.html

About 3 mins in to the Hurt brother's piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

swiss wrote: »
    Anyone know at what time this is starting? I can't find the event on the RDS website.

edit: Whoops, just noticed the post above mine. Well, anyone?
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I called the Irish Times about it and she said it starts at 7:30 and that our names +1 will be on guest list.

01 675 8000 for anyone who wants to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Absolutely gutted.
    Was away last week and missed this. :(

If anyone has a spare ticket or cannot go please PM me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

I texted for a ticket the day after the announcement in the Times and was told all tickets were gone. Yet people still seemed to be getting notice of ticket allocation up until a couple of days ago. Was there another ticket release I missed?

Advertisement