Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Dawkins is coming to the RDS next week!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

They closed the competition for a day for some reason then opened it up again. Its closed now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

So is there a get together organised before the event for a few beverages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

pts wrote: »
    So is there a get together organised before the event for a few beverages?
    I'm always on for such antics. Horseshow (or is it the Horseshoe?)sound good to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

I'd go for that. Maybe from 6pm? Is that near the RDS and do they do food?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The Horseshow House is just across the road from the RDS, just beside the Merrion Road entrance to AIB. Not sure if they do food, nor whether I'd trust it if they did -- it's not the nicest of pubs.

I'd also be wary of downing a few scoops, then having to sit down for three hours while listening to his Lordship deliver his pearls of wisdom :)

That said, somebody did mention that atheist.ie were meeting up at six and I'm sure they'd have room for a few boardsies!

• Advertisement

Wacker wrote: »
    I'm always on for such antics. Horseshow (or is it the Horseshoe?)sound good to anyone else?

I'd be up for that. Anyone else?

Also assuming that a text back means 2 tickets I've got one spare. If someone still needs one let me know. I guess the first person to post their interest in this thread gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

I'd be up for that. Anyone else?

Also assuming that a text back means 2 tickets I've got one spare. If someone still needs one let me know. I guess the first person to post their interest in this thread gets it.

Is your ticket gone yet? If not I'd love to have it. Just say when and where.

Nope, assuming it's 2 tickets for a text reply I've got one spare as the other person I had in mind can't make it. Send me a PM and we'll organise something.

imokyrok managed to get a ticket, so the offer is still open if someone else needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 andyadc

imokyrok managed to get a ticket, so the offer is still open if someone else needs it.

If that ticket is still available I would love to go !!!

• Advertisement

sure, send me a PM and we'll sort something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

Where abouts is it in the RDS wheres the entrance and so on? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

This may have been mentioned already (too lazy to look) but I see from a recording of the Late Late I was scanning through that Tubridy said [in reply to some remark by John hurt that he was agnostic] 'and I thought Richard Dawkins was on NEXT week'. Anyone know if this is true? Is Mr D in fact on the show next week (18th)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭adamd164

Ronanc1 wrote: »
    Where abouts is it in the RDS wheres the entrance and so on? :o

Concert Hall: that's Hall 7 in this venue map, bottom right hand corner where Anglesea Road meets Merrion Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

My name is on the door but alas I cannot make it!
    Anyone wants a pair of tics just let me know.

Steve

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I might have one or two takers. I'll give you a shout tomorrow morning when I know myself.

cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Steve, I'd love to go if there was a ticket spare. I know I'm no regular poster or anything, but I'm a regular lurker...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Anyone who has a spare ticket will they please take pity on a damsel in distress who dearly wants to see Mr. Dawkins!

Just pm me at any stage tomorrow and I'll be more than happy to take one off your hands!

Go raibh míle maith agaibh!

Does Richard Dawkins sign books at these events does anyone know? I'm wondering whether or not to bring along my dogeared copy of TGD and the new one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭adamd164

Interview with the man himself in today's Irish Times: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sciencetoday/2009/0917/1224254710483.html

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

I was also wondering that, was going to bring along my copy of The Blind Watchmaker but I didn't think he'd be doing signings considering the size of the audience

I asked the same question over on his website and got the following:

"I don't think he'll be signing books tonight; it's a talk and Q&A. There's a chance he's doing one tomorrow morning though in a bookshop in Dublin somewhere, because he's on The Late Late Show on Irish TV tomorrow night."

I haven't heard of any book signing though.

Just to bring a smile to your face- on google fight Richard Dawkins is neck and neck with Pope Benedict!
    http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=pope+benedict&word2=Richard+Dawkins

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭astroguy

yea i was wondering if he'd be doing a booksigning in Dublin but there wasn't any mention of it. Probably because of all the religious nuts he inevitably attracts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 1Richy

Anyone have a spare ticket for Richard Dawkins tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 39 starchild27

Theres probably a long queue already.. but I solemly promise to reasses my current religous views and worship as a God any person who would give me a ticket they dont need :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cornishchick

I have a spare pair of tickets if anyone's still looking. Just send me a mail - first come first served.

My tickets went to robin
    He was first in and I'm sure they'll go to good use

• Registered Users Posts: 23 chelleflife

Also looking for a ticket or two if anyone else has any?? Thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cornishchick

My tickets went to Zamboni - first replied. Apologies to others. Good luck!

Advertisement