Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Dawkins is coming to the RDS next week!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I dunno if I'm going to get there in time for a swift half at the Horseshoe, if I do I guess I'll wander up and bother people who look all atheisty to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

DapperGent wrote: »
    I dunno if I'm going to get there in time for a swift half at the Horseshoe, if I do I guess I'll wander up and bother people who look all atheisty to me.

They should be easy to find...the Horseshow would only have about 5 people in it of a Thursday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bobbert

Final try friends ........ any spare tickets? I had requested previously but spares which appeared later appear to have gone to subsequent posters....

Please PM me if you have or may have a spare.

Given that there are no physical tickets, anyone know how entry is going to be policed? By showing them the text message received from IT?

What are the chances that some kind souls attending on their own will show up at the Horse bar with a view to getting a fellow heretic in to the event???

Thanks all.......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I'd say there's a good chance you'll get a ticket if you just show up and grab a spare seat or two before the show starts. It looks like quite a few of the free tickets aren't going to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

robindch wrote: »
    I'd say there's a good chance you'll get a ticket if you just show up and grab a spare seat or two before the show starts. It looks like quite a few of the free tickets aren't going to be used.
    That's what I plan to do if I can't source a ticket elsewhere... Presumably a bunch of people applied for tickets considering that it was free, and now aren't able to make it but have no forum to give them away. Presumably...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

If this talk is about his new book I can see a lot of disappointed atheists.

Just because you don't believe in god does not mean you will want to listen to him spend an hour talking about caterpillars with a snakes face for an arse :pac:

I'm planning to be there around six. If anybody's on for a quick beer, PM me and we can swap details.

Zamboni wrote: »
    If this talk is about his new book I can see a lot of disappointed atheists.

Just because you don't believe in god does not mean you will want to listen to him spend an hour talking about caterpillars with a snakes face for an arse :pac:
    Well, inevitably he'll end up being posited with questions regarding atheism during the q&a, but I'd imagine it's going to be promotion for his new book. I love all his evolutionary writings, and that's why I'd be going. I've heard his arguments for atheism a million times, there'd be nothing new. Evolution now...mmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Maaa!

Damn it to Hell I never knew this was on :mad:!!!! Wait, there is no Hell, so maybe I can just go along, claim to be the Messiah and the crowd will part like the Red Sea and let me in? If not maybe some kind soul (the only kind of Soul, apart from a sole, of course, shoe or fish!) could pass on a spare ticket??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HootieMcBoobie

Hi there

I cant make it tonight, first to post for them gets them and maybe two of ye can share..be nice now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 chelleflife

Pick me please :D

enjoy, I'll PM you my name

One for me please Hootie!!!
    Please let me know how I can get it from you

sorry Maa, chelleflife got them but maybe she'll give you one if you ask nicely!

Hey Chelleflife you just beat me to those tickets which I had posted a message about earlier. Any chance you might throw one my way? Pretty please!

Folks -

Just in case it's not obvious, if you're accepting tickets from somebody else, just make sure to get the details that the original recipient sent to the RDS.

You may be asked at the door to verify at least some details other than just the name (ie, perhaps address or phone number)!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

A preview of the Late late studio audience?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055684957

Ah for...

If anyone has a spare ticket can I please have it? I'm gonna head down early anyways and see what I can wangle, but I'd much prefer the peace of mind knowing I had a ticket ahead of time...

Please please please!!

get in the queue pinksoir ........

I joined the queue last night, Bobbert. But have gotten bypassed...

• Advertisement

You and me both my friend......I joined the queue last week .....

Are you gonna head down anyway? I shall get in, I shall get in. It has been foretold...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

5uspect wrote: »
    A preview of the Late late studio audience?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055684957
    Okay, so I thought Dawking was still disabled. I saw pictures of him only a few years ago and he was shriveled and confined to a talking wheelchair! Can you believe that?! Surely the work of the divil himself.

Now he finds himself healed and healthy today. Is that evolution? Of course not - that's utter pie-in-the-sky stuff. It is, however, proof that God is a merciful force in the world, even to prodigal little satans like Dawking.

Wow. Just wow.

Wow. Just wow.
    Ah, yer man is clearly trolling/joking... says the optimist in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wow. Just wow.
    has to be extracting the urine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You know I wasn't sure at first. I guess that's the effect of that thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SURAZAL

I am possessed of a spare ticket as my dear wife ( and I do mean dear ) informs me that her preferred location for sleep is in her own bed. I will be in Crowes for a swift one before the lift off. Black Betfair hoodie , devilishly handsome you can't miss me. First up best dressed.

I'd love it please...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 chelleflife

Its about to start. Plenty of seats! Dont see why they wouldnt let you in...

Advertisement