Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midweek World Cup Qualifying thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    England have to be early favourites for the world cup on the back of this qualification campaign? Can't think of a team that has absolutely destroyed their group-Holland maby but their group was a bit meh, thought England would have found their group a bit tougher.

They certaintly have the manager and players to be in with a good chance imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

England have to be early favourites for the world cup on the back of this qualification campaign? Can't think of a team that has absolutely destroyed their group-Holland maby but their group was a bit meh, thought England would have found their group a bit tougher.

tbf just have a look at their group,a very easy group

but I think they have a great chance of going far in the WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Des wrote: »
    Beckham? He still has a lot to offer, imo.

I hope he scores now tbh.

IMO, I think he's past it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Yeah maby Spain still ahead of them, I think at the highest level Spain have a bit more about them than the English.

you live up to your name

Headshot wrote: »
    you live up to your name

Please don't start that c**p again. I am only giving my opinion. Which I am entitled to do.

Please don't start that c**p again. I am only giving my opinion. Which I am entitled to do.

did you see that pass he gave for Milner

now that was quality and that's what he can bring to the table

No. And I'm not talkin about tonight's game. I'm talking about the fact that he's now plying his trade in the utterly useless MLS league, and then goes around Europe seeing who'll give him a game after their season ends.

His best days are well behind him.

My opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭briany

A pity about Northern Ireland, they did well to get this far even. I really wanted to see em do well but guess it wasnt to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That Glen Johnson fella lools like a Brazilian going forwards and backwards :p
    Both an assist and giving away what should have been a peno. He is very reluctant to get back, Carra will sort him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Don't know about that, we're lacking in some areas although some great players to return from injury.

No. And I'm not talkin about tonight's game. I'm talking about the fact that he's now plying his trade in the utterly useless MLS league, and then goes around Europe seeing who'll give him a game after their season ends.

His best days are well behind him.

My opinion.
    AC Milan wanted to keep him. His best days may well be behind him but he adds to any team imo.

Kold wrote: »
    AC Milan wanted to keep him. His best days may well be behind him but he adds to any team imo.

His best roll maybe as a sub, in the dying minutes, if/when the team is looking for a goal from a set-piece.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Your opinion FAILS.

fail-owned-photoshop-fail.jpg

Your opinion FAILS.

fail-owned-photoshop-fail.jpg

Oh, whatever. If you think my opinion "fails" so much, why do you bother replying?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh, whatever. If you think my opinion "fails" so much, why do you bother replying?
    I just felt that you needed to know.

I just felt that you needed to know.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LMAO Teddy just called Townsend a "fake Irishman" on ITV. :pac:

His best roll maybe as a sub, in the dying minutes, if/when the team is looking for a goal from a set-piece.
    Well that's the role he'd fill for England. Lennon and SWP are top drawer wingers but a bit like for like, Lennon can play on the left also. When Cole returns I can see it as Cole on the left and Lennon on the right. Beckham offers something different. He was actually kicking arse in a mediocre Galaxy team.

Well that's the role he'd fill for England. Lennon and SWP are top drawer wingers but a bit like for like, Lennon can play on the left also. When Cole returns I can see it as Cole on the left and Lennon on the right. Beckham offers something different. He was actually kicking arse in a mediocre Galaxy team.

I'd kick arse in that Galaxy team, and I can't even WALK ffs!!

• Advertisement

Uruguay v Colombia on atm

really end to end stuff

Uruguay v Colombia on atm

really end to end stuff
    Channel?

Second placed teams:
    Russia: Played: 7- Points:18
    France: Played: 7-Points:12
    Slovenia: Played: 7-Points:11
    Croatia: Played: 6-Points:11
    Bosnia: Played: 6-Points:10
    Greece: Played: 6-Points:10
    Norway: Played: 8-Points:10
    Ireland: Played: 6-Points:10
    Sweden: Played: 6-Points:10

Slovenia or Sweden please.

Channel?

sky sports 3

Anyone watching Spain game somewhere by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

http://www.soccerbot.com/fifa/tables/wcupeq2010.htm

Good site to check out the tables and remaining fixtures. Not updated with tonights games yet though.

Found a decent stream both Torres and Villa subbed! 1-0 up after 67 mins.

http://www.zomse.com/832.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Second placed teams:
    Russia: Played: 7- Points:18
    France: Played: 7-Points:12
    Slovenia: Played: 7-Points:11
    Croatia: Played: 6-Points:11
    Bosnia: Played: 6-Points:10
    Greece: Played: 6-Points:10
    Norway: Played: 8-Points:10
    Ireland: Played: 6-Points:10
    Sweden: Played: 6-Points:10

Slovenia or Sweden please.

I would be most worried about Russia. Cant see you turning them over. Would fancy Croatia based on tonights performance.

Uruguay 1 up but just got a man sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mike65 wrote: »
    Found a decent stream both Torres and Villa subbed! 1-0 up after 67 mins.

http://www.zomse.com/832.htm

2-0, Cazorla. Good goal. Game over, Spain are going to SA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

re-watch brazil and argentina from the other night and get back to me on this point, atm and rightly so the favourites for next years world cup goes something like

Brazil
    everyone else

They said that last time. I remember everyone said Brazil were invincible. It was on the back of them demolishing Argentina in the Confederations Cup and Ronaldinho with Kaka and Adriano as backup were gonna retain the world cup for brazil...never happened.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    re-watch brazil and argentina from the other night and get back to me on this point, atm and rightly so the favourites for next years world cup goes something like

Brazil
    everyone else
    yap they were superb

fabiano is such a class striker for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

They said that last time. I remember everyone said Brazil were invincible. It was on the back of them demolishing Argentina in the Confederations Cup and Ronaldinho with Kaka and Adriano as backup were gonna retain the world cup for brazil...never happened.

this time the world cup isn't in europe though, only once has the world cup been won by a non-european team in europe and that was 1958, a european team has never won the world cup outside of europe either

the team spirit in this brazil team is 100 times that of brazil in 2006, plus they look so powerful, everyone one seems to be over 6ft, athletic, strong and have skill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The Uruguay Colombia match was pretty frantic at the start. Luis Suarez scored a lovely finish from edge of the box. Uruguay down to ten now so it could be all men behind the ball for them (hasn't been so far).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭deisedude

Well done to Brian Kerr. His Faroe Islands team beat Lithuania 2-1. Their first competitive win in a long time i would imagine

cant watch the Uruguay match now

bloody sky get that match back :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Good game starting now on SS3, Paraguay and Argentina. Maradina making changes again... Come on the Argies!

veron playing in the wide right :pac:

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    this time the world cup isn't in europe though, only once has the world cup been won by a non-european team in europe and that was 1958, a european team has never won the world cup outside of europe either

the team spirit in this brazil team is 100 times that of brazil in 2006, plus they look so powerful, everyone one seems to be over 6ft, athletic, strong and have skill

I do think the non Europe thing is less relevant being in South Africa than ever before to be honest, its not as if they'll be playing at altitude in South America or anything or in a timezone thats dissimilar to their own.

I saw some of Brazil the other night and they did look very impressive indeed but you'd have to factor in the total tactical ineptitude of Maradona and the changes he made that literally handed the game to Brazil.

Surely Spain would have to be up there with them given the talent at their disposal and the fact that they've finally broken through the psychological barrier of falling apart in big tourmnaments. Certainly saying Brazil are MILES ahead of the pack is a slight exaggeration.

Good quick start to the game, strange with veron on the wing alright. Paraguay look dangerous every time they go forward. Good to see Augero starting too.

veron playing in the wide right :pac:

I remember fergie trying this for a very short time. Needless to say it didn't go well.:eek:

how are Paraguay not ahead is beyond me

that was a top notch goal by Paraguay

pleasure to watch that goal

It was coming, 1-0 Paraguay.

• Advertisement

lol at that Argentina defence

a striker could walk through that defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That Cabanas is a real handful.
    Very impressive player,he was a thorn in Brazil's side a few months ago.

Why are Argentina playing long balls to Messi and Aguero? Seems stupid, Augero is doing alright holding the ball up but it just looks like they are running out of ideas.

Why are Argentina playing long balls to Messi and Aguero? Seems stupid, Augero is doing alright holding the ball up but it just looks like they are running out of ideas.

I was just about to post something along the same lines :)

madness

Milito should be playing

I was just about to post something along the same lines :)

madness

Milito should be playing
    Is Tevez on the bench? If so does he have a sour puss on him?:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement