Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midweek World Cup Qualifying thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

flahavaj wrote: »
    Is Tevez on the bench? If so does he have a sour puss on him?:pac:

he's injured which is a blessing for Argentina,he's crap for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Headshot wrote: »
    I was just about to post something along the same lines :)

madness

Milito should be playing

Even stick Lisandro Lopez(spelling) up there with Messi playing on the left off him and Augero off him on the right, Masher, Gago and Veron behind those 3. This management lark is easy.

100th post. Oh yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LOL Maradona doesn't even have Higuain in the squad. FAIL. Unreal player.

flahavaj wrote: »
    LOL Maradona doesn't even have Higuain in the squad. FAIL. Unreal player.

how anyone can take maradona serious with those earrings :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Martín Palermo is playing up front?? He's 35! I remember he was savage in CM01-02 with Villareal but seriously Maradona? Martín Palermo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

I told ye before, he's their Stan.

Does anybody read Marcela Mora y Aurajo's articles in The Guardian on Argentian football? There was a good one today laying out the problems quite well. I wouldn't be surprised if Argentina don't even make the play-off position. Apparently, the coaches in Argentina want that to happen, they reckon it would be a wake up call. The standard of coaching in the country is said to be dire, really stale, and a real lack of depth in quality in defence and at goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

So now he's bringing on a 36yr old central defender for his debut when they're 1-0 down with 10 men. :rolleyes:

Go out with a bang Diego.

have to feel sorry for messi

well done Paraguay

great win and a deserved win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Oh this is so wrong!! How the hell can anybody not get these guys to qualify through the easiest qualifying process around!!
    Even Argentinas very own Stan...only somehow even more clueless could mess this one up!

They were terrible yet again, that defence is a joke..and Palermo i mean cop on Diego! And hoof ball to 2 tiny strikers...its all so weird!! :rolleyes:

Big big struggle on now to get even to play offs...Peru at home despite Stan in charge should be a win...but last game away in Uruguay will likely end in defeat. Going on other likely resuts they will end up in play off...but could easily scrape a undeserved auto promotion spot...or even miss out totally by ending 6th!!

Hope a sh1t boss doesn't deprive us of seeing the likes of Messi, Augero, Tevez in SA 2010 next year!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

rossie1977 wrote: »
    re-watch brazil and argentina from the other night and get back to me on this point, atm and rightly so the favourites for next years world cup goes something like

Brazil
    everyone else
    Apparently Brazil are playing England in November, in Asia for some reason!

I suppose we'll see how they fair against the big boys (England, that is:))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Brazil Chile was a cracking match last night. Full of excitement and great end to end stuff, some good goals too. It was a joy to watch.

Advertisement