Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VEC pay

• 09-09-2009 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi, I've just started in a vec and I heard an awful rumour that I'll only be paid monthly? Is it true??? Also when should I expect to start getting paid?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Being paid monthly is not exclusive to VECs.

Each VEC has its own arrangements.
    In the CDVEC, permanent wholetime teachers are paid once a month - usually the last Thursday. Contract and CID people are paid every two weeks.

You should contact the personnel department of your VEC, though the secretary in your school/centre is probably an expert on pay related things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

If not on permanent salary: generally, you work a month then fill in a claim for that month at the end of it; you are then paid for it on a certain date the following month. (For eg in CDVEC last year it was the 23rd or the Friday before that date if it fell at the weekend)

For eg:

Work Sept.
    Fill in claim form last Fri in Sept.
    Paid 23rd Oct.

You might be lucky if you worked the last week in August you might get paid for it by the end of Sept. This changes yearly though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Yep, ask the secretary. In our VEC we get paid once a month with a mid-month advance (which is effectively every two weeks).

If you are being paid per hour (subbing, casual), you'll have to fill in a claim form every month for that month and get paid (hopefully) a few weeks after. You could be waiting a while for the first pay-cheque though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭scut

thanks guys. I'll have a chat with the sercretary tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

my vec pays fortnightly which is great, but I think we're in the minority, they were still paying us by cheque until about 3 years ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement