Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library PIN number?

Options
  • 09-09-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Not my pass or my DOB, anyone have any ideas cause i'd like to reserve a book thats available now but will probably be gone tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

When I was in 1st Year I had to go to the library and fill in a paper form. I'm not sure if it's changed since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

It's a 4 digit pin and if you call to the information desk on the ground floor of the library with your student card they'll look it up for you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

You'll get your pin number from the library information desk.

However, as far as I know you can't reserve a book in the library. I think you can only place a recall on it if it's out (then the reader who has it is supposed to return it within 2 weeks). The reserve collection is a collection of books which can't be taken out of the library.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If you login in via your UCD Connect account you don't need your pin number. I was able to reserve a book yesterday this way.

Advertisement