Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting M$ Word/Works into PDF?

Options
  • 09-09-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Sorry folks if this is the wrong place to post this, please move if needed.

I'm considering setting up a SIMPLE newsletter, in another forum, where members can submit different articles. I'm hoping to put a newsletter together, once a month.

Assuming that nearly everyone may have a copy of M$ Works, and possibly Word, I'm hoping to be able to, easily, convert these into a PDF file. Some articles will include photos, if that's important to know?

I'm thinking of PDF, as adobe reader is free, and easily obtained by anyone.

If I could just drag 'n drop, that's be great, lazy, but great!

Any advice on a suitable app?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

www.cutepdf.com

Download it then when you want to convert to PDF go to print and select printer as cutepdf.

hope this helps ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Thanks sharky86. Looks ideal, as I can do all the work in Word, and then convert the finished item.
    Have you tried using it? Does it deal with photos ok? Does it maintain the same formats, i.e. margins, headers, page numbers etc?
    Soory for all the questions, but I've never attempted anything like this before :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

or if you have Office 2007 Word now comes with a pdf converter
    Very handy tool ;)

Word.png

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

or nice web interface if it's just a once off

http://www.doc2pdf.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

does cute work for excel also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Pablod wrote: »
    or if you have Office 2007 Word now comes with a pdf converter

I have Office '07, never noticed that before! Never looked for it though :D
    Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

or nice web interface if it's just a once off

I had actually looked at that, but I'm hoping this will be a monthly thing.
    Thanks.

mrmac wrote: »
    Thanks sharky86. Looks ideal, as I can do all the work in Word, and then convert the finished item.
    Have you tried using it? Does it deal with photos ok? Does it maintain the same formats, i.e. margins, headers, page numbers etc?
    Soory for all the questions, but I've never attempted anything like this before :confused:
    always worked perfect for.. just makes an straight copy of your word doc and saves to pdf... its great

kwalshe wrote: »
    does cute work for excel also?

not sure about excel sorry..on another note is that chippers still open down in ballon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ncarroll

If Pdf option not appearing on Word 2007, you can download the 'Save As...Pdf' add-in at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=4d951911-3e7e-4ae6-b059-a2e79ed87041

;)

Advertisement